Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

Sharing a good stuff to read with Hope that CEO's and Managers would adopt these approaches to promote positivism.

http://www.qualitydi...confidence.html

Happy positive thinking :rolleyes: .

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:53 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

Another interesting link. :thumbup:

Perhaps I am guilty of negative thinking but I would hv liked to see the graph depicting people's feelings regarding their "standard of living" cross-correlated for parameters like profession, inc./dec. in salary, single/married, size of family, medical insurance etc. I fear that the graph as presented is maybe over-simplistic. Or has its own agenda. :rolleyes:

The right-hand side link to gender bias was quite intriguing also. :unsure:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

Whether in a recession or not the duty of a Manager is to say good morning to employees, enquire and shows an interest in their health, family and social life and shares his own. They should also provide high quality training, instruction and supervision and regular reviews of employee’s performance against agreed goals as well as share updates on company and department goals and performance. This costs nothing, but it makes a real difference to how the employee feels about themselves as a person as well as a worker.

Good managers do this no matter whether the weather is good or bad. I fear that those poor managers who do not practice these “free tools” will do so even less when the going is bad.
Good topic, thanks for raising Zeeshan. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Dear Charles and Simon.

Thanks for reading, complimenting and presenting good food for extended thoughts.

@ Charles.

The additional parameters you have mentioned would be useful for a HR or Personnel Manager while surveying the satisfaction and motivation levels of his/her employees.

@ Simon.

You got the essence of this article. :thumbup:
Good results = owness of the process = involvement of stakeholders = focus on personal interests + motivation + introducing learning opportunities.

Regards:
Zeeshan.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

and good salary :thumbup:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Dear Zeeshan / Simon,

I agree that one can put together a nice list of prerequisites which every company should aspire to on behalf of their employees. It might be interesting to compare this with the company's visualisation of the characteristics of their ideal manager ? Words like manipulative come to mind. :biggrin:

However, as per AS NUR, I believe that if one wished to do a weighting for the factor’s determining confidence for the “average” employee, it is how the company quantitatively uplifts / maintains their (and their dependents) lifestyle which dominates. People just starting their careers may understandably not agree. I certainly don’t disparage items like personal self-esteem but for many employees I fear that business life is mostly a rat race and survival is the name of the game.

I agree it’s a good question. Perhaps a poll ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

I agree it’s a good question. Perhaps a poll ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Not a bad idea! :biggrin:

What about setting a poll like this.........

As an employee (not of a senior level position), which factor do you consider the most important one ?

a) Salary+benefits roughly equal to average expectations
b) Personal self-esteem
c) Job satisfaction
d) L
earning opportunities
e) Friendly work environment

Zeeshan.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Dear Zeeshan,

Have a look at this, IMO, brilliant survey (oriented to the USA market place).

Attached File  09_0282_Emp_Job_Sat_Survey_FINAL.pdf   3.22MB   81 downloads

It illustrates the impact of a ranking procedure compared to the more limited options available on this forum. The end data comparing results over last 10 years are also quite revealing in the current economic scene.

I'm not smart enough to work out if the three section layout here allows any limited version of the above. Perhaps a triplicated list of (5-10) items with a nomination of 1,2,3 from each section respectively is the best available option ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

09_0282_Emp_Job_Sat_Survey_FINAL.pdf ( 3.22MB ) Number of downloads: 4

Dear Charles,

I agree with you, it is indeed a brilliant survey, with facts abd figures well tabulated and plotted. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

Attached File  09_0282_Emp_Job_Sat_Survey_FINAL.pdf   3.22MB   81 downloads

It illustrates the impact of a ranking procedure compared to the more limited options available on this forum. The end data comparing results over last 10 years are also quite revealing in the current economic scene.

I'm not smart enough to work out if the three section layout here allows any limited version of the above. Perhaps a triplicated list of (5-10) items with a nomination of 1,2,3 from each section respectively is the best available option ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Very extensive survey Charles...good find. Such a survey is useful for tracking trends in many different parameters and demographics, probably of most interest to HR professionals.

Yes satisfaction is individual and dynamic but a forward and wide thinking organisation with good business policies and procedures and high quality management can and will attend to most of the indicators in a positive way.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users