Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

I need help, I need to determine a pcc for a plant where I am, jamaica flower is processed, walnut, almond, peanut, my doubt is that the manual process is no machinery, the plot is more or less so. ..

Reception
Storage
Review and Selection
Packing
Warehouse

No findings of metals, so the detector will not be a pcc, the question of MB are fine and dry foods, so if there is no metallic foreign matter, but I can not imagine what would be the critical limit, and which would action, if as you want is selected and packed .....

Were analyzed for aflatoxin
Microbial pesticides and these could be a pcc, but not entries each batch and we have no budget for a laboratory or perform the analysis.

Thank you.....:smile:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Dear Verito,

Peanut

This link has several useful downloadable articles inc. HACCP realted document, files are too big for me to upload here -
http://www.candyusa....ItemNumber=1686

Almond - The significant hazards will depend on your specific process operation / raw materials as I think you know. Presumably mainly environmental contaminants.

The CCPs in the US example linked below were Salmonella, aflatoxin, metal. The microbiological hazards were eliminated by fumigation with propylene oxide (PPO) (see second link).

http://www.almondboa...HACCP-forms.pdf

http://www.almondboa...-Guidelines.pdf

General haccp system requirements with some specific comments for almond are in the link below. The first part looks to be probably extracted from textbooks and seemed quite useful. I suggest to ignore the HACCP plan at the end which was probably added later and is poorly presented IMO.

http://trade.gov/sta...MPHACCP_Eng.pdf

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - didn't understand what you meant by "MB"

BTW Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

PPS - here is another nice link, it is mainly GMP for almonds but pg 19 contains a useful list of defects which hv caused recalls in the USA -

• Allergens – A product or component contain-
ing an unlabeled ingredient that may cause
an allergic reaction in humans. (Almonds and
other tree nuts are included on the FDA’s list of
common allergens)
• Bacterial Contamination – Contamination by
spoilage organisms or harmful bacteria (E Coli,
Salmonella, Listeria, etc)
• Chemical Contamination – Presence of unap-
proved pesticides and/or residues of these
items in amounts greater than the established
residue tolerance levels. Naturally occurring
chemical contaminants such as Afatoxin.
• Communicable Diseases – Human illnesses that
can be transmitted through foods.
• Handler generated information – Food Safety
problems discovered through handlers internal
record review and examination processes.
• Foreign Materials – Presence of glass, plastic or
metal.
• Illnesses identifed by food safety regulators.
• In-house Sabotage.
• Misbranding – Violations of labeling laws.
• Real or Fraudulent Customer or Consumer
Claims.
• Tampering and Tampering Threats.
• Undeclared Ingredients.

http://www.almondboa.../GMP-Manual.pdf

The source of above link contains many other pages with useful free downloads, eg a detailed GAP manual is available here -

http://www.almondboa...es/default.aspx

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Verito

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

HELLO CHARLES.C

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU .....

Verifies the information with the people who support me ....

REGARDING YOUR QUESTION "MB" is a microbiologist,

As a product do not regard DRY AS THE MICROBIOLOGICAL PCC, APART AS WE DO NOT HAVE THE INFRA STRUCTURE OR THE CAPITAL FOR CONDUCTING MICROBIOLOGICAL each batch of PT,

FIND A QUESTION WHEN THE PCC MUST BE THE VERIFICATION OF ALL THE PRODUCTION, WHICH MEANS IF YOU ARE CERTAIN MICROBIOLOGICAL, WE MUST MAKE THE ANALYSIS OF ALL LOTS ?????

OTHER INFORMATION tenre DOUBT JAMAICA SECA (HIBISCUS SABDRIFFA) ... AND ALSO THAT THE PACKAGING .....

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IS VERY POOR

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

Dear Verito,

Yes, the English is a bit tricky, :biggrin: . If i misunderstand yr query, please try again.

REGARDING YOUR QUESTION "MB" is a microbiologist,

New short form! Good one!

As a product do not regard DRY AS THE MICROBIOLOGICAL PCC, APART AS WE DO NOT HAVE THE INFRA STRUCTURE OR THE CAPITAL FOR CONDUCTING MICROBIOLOGICAL each batch of PT,

I guess you are referring to Salmonella hazard / PPO treatment?.
Sorry but I am not an expert on this product so i don't know if processors always require a step for elimination, ie a CCP. Depends on yr hazard analysis / product / environment characteristics, ie the typical contamination of yr raw material. The step may be always necessary. You should check the available literature on the product (or an expert :smile: ).
If your HACCP plan uses a process step (eg as in my link to PPO) to eliminate Salmonella then the HACCP procedure requires a validation for each CCP / critical limit. After satisfactory validating, it is not necessary to do a micro. analysis on every batch. (One of the main objectives of HACCP is to reduce end-product analysis.
However you may find that yr customer will require an analysis on every lot. ?)

NOTE that the text above does not relate to the aflatoxin hazard.

FIND A QUESTION WHEN THE PCC MUST BE THE VERIFICATION OF ALL THE PRODUCTION, WHICH MEANS IF YOU ARE CERTAIN MICROBIOLOGICAL, WE MUST MAKE THE ANALYSIS OF ALL LOTS ?????

If you are asking about "how to do verification", this is done to re-confirm the original validation after normal production is running. HACCP does not require to do full micro.analysis on all lots, perhaps daily at beginning then if ok > weekly > monthly etc. The frequency approx. depends on the risk assessment / results. However other parts of the verification function like review of process data are usually done daily, eg the example I linked in previous post.

OTHER INFORMATION tenre DOUBT JAMAICA SECA (HIBISCUS SABDRIFFA) ... AND ALSO THAT THE PACKAGING .....

What kind of information ?

Hope the above is understandable.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Verito

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico