• 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hi Everyone!!

PLEASE Posted Image

I have just recently joined a company that produces fruit juices, as in we receive fruit pulp and process it into fruit concentrates from which we produce ready to drink fruit juices. A bit of background info: the company had been operating for about 5 months before I joined them as Quality Controller. We are a medium sized business. I am responsible for literally 'everything' when it comes to Quality, Food hygiene, Training etc. We are beginning to get systems in place, folks these are very basic things like routine cleaning and sanitising of tanks, which before didnt exist.

I need help in setting up HACCP in the factory. Would anyone have a generic HACCP system for a beverage processing plant.

This info would be much appreciated.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Dear IPM,

Your request may be a bit tricky.

It’s not my field but from previous threads it seems that in the USA there are 2 basic production scenarios differing with regard to whether there is a pasteurisation step or not and possibly also depending on what fruit is involved (less sure on the second). If yes to the first, then a system of regulatory CCPs is automatically activated due to previous (well documented) very bad experiences in the case of apple juice. If there is no heat step a different situation exists.
From memory, both situations in USA are well documented on the net including (at least in the 1st case) the relevant CCPs / critical limits, eg time / temp. to give a minimum of 5D for heating step.

So any useful comments will probably require yr product / process flow and information regarding whether a regulatory situation exists or not in S.Africa (ultimately the HACCP analysis revolves around a risk assessment of course)?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users