• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Dear All:

Can you believe this , I found a worm inside a very wide selling product , produces from a huge and reputable company , that it has many brands around of the world.

What you will do if you were I ?

Regards

Hygienic

Anne Z

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

Dear Hygienic,

I would take a photos of the worm and send it to the company with a letter or e-mail. You should take different photos not only one photo of the worm...but where in the product was the worm etc. The QA department of the company can take actions if they have more details like batchnumber, where did you bought the product etc.

Anne

PS what kind of product was it?

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

Dear All:
Can you believe this , I found a worm inside a very wide selling product , produces from a huge and reputable company , that it has many brands around of the world.

What you will do if you were I ?

Regards

Hygienic

Does it look like this?

Attached File  Tequila.jpg   58.57KB   38 downloads

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

Does it look like this?

Attached File  Tequila.jpg   58.57KB   38 downloads

Dear Tony:

It is a very nice worm , in a good place . Actually the worm has been found in coca cola can , what do you say ?

Regards

Mike Green

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 355 posts
  • 75 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Food(cooking & eating!) Gym, Sun, Sea,Surf,

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Dear Tony:

It is a very nice worm , in a good place . Actually the worm has been found in coca cola can , what do you say ?

Regards

Not sure how it could have got there but at least now I understand why they were adding the pesticides!!:thumbup:
pesticides in coca cola

Mike

I may sound like a complete idiot...but actually there are a couple of bits missing

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

Not sure how it could have got there but at least now I understand why they were adding the pesticides!!:thumbup:
pesticides in coca cola

Mike

Dear Mike:

IMO , any kind of insects or creeping animals can be found if there is a failure in cleaning and sanitizing stage for recycled or reused cans , the worm can be suspended or hided inside the can, direct below the cans' hole in the internal part .

Regards
Hygienic

MRios

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 157 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Ahhh extra protein in your drink!
Hygienic, cans are recycled by melting them down to convert the aluminum back into cans, so I don´t think the worm could´ve come from there. It´s also strange, because I remember the classic science experiment in 4th grade where you put a tooth inside some cola and it starts to dissolve. I would think that the acid in the cola would´ve dissolved the worm.
Or was it a glass bottle? Even so, these get washed with a high pressure mixture of some kind of soap and water, and there´s a detector that rejects bottles that have something inside. The detector works with some kind of light beam, but if the worm was small enought it might not have been detected.
Be sure to file a complaint; the producer will thank you, I am sure. There´s usually a contact number or e-mail address on the can. They´ll ask you for the lot number, so that they can trace the product.

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:27 AM

Ahhh extra protein in your drink!
Hygienic, cans are recycled by melting them down to convert the aluminum back into cans, so I don´t think the worm could´ve come from there. It´s also strange, because I remember the classic science experiment in 4th grade where you put a tooth inside some cola and it starts to dissolve. I would think that the acid in the cola would´ve dissolved the worm.
Or was it a glass bottle? Even so, these get washed with a high pressure mixture of some kind of soap and water, and there´s a detector that rejects bottles that have something inside. The detector works with some kind of light beam, but if the worm was small enought it might not have been detected.
Be sure to file a complaint; the producer will thank you, I am sure. There´s usually a contact number or e-mail address on the can. They´ll ask you for the lot number, so that they can trace the product.

Dear MRios:

Its aluminum can, I dont think so that the detector can detect such as these insects, might has been come from the sugar or from any kind of ingredients,
any way I send them email and waiting theire feedback on this matter , I gave all informations about this product .

Regards

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

any way I send them email and waiting theire feedback on this matter , I gave all informations about this product .

Dear Hygiene,

Did you receive an answer on your complaint.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

SriramB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand
  • Interests:SF, Graphic novels, SUFI Music

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Dear Hygiene,

Did you receive an answer on your complaint.

Dear Hygienic,

Any further updates on this please, eager to know outcome of your complaint..

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users