Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Does any know of a low/no cost provider of information that would satisfy element 4.4.1.2 which states:

The methods and responsibility for ensuring the organization is kept informed of changes to relevant legislation, scientific and technical developements and relevant industry codes of practice shall be documented and implenmented?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

Dear Dan,

Presume you checked the SQF guidance text already ?

I’m not a user of SQF and it may depend on yr own product / situation /SQF but in other contexts hv used –

(a)employing company is (or becomes) affiliated to a representative local organisation, eg farmers, fruiterers, seafood whatever. The connection often already exists IMEX and such bodies invariably hv an “information distribution” unit whose output should answer yr needs. But does usually involve some money of course.

(b)Create a defined self-procedure. No cost involved, eg (i) Scan Chem.Abs. every month at local library for XXXX, or (ii) even less effort – Scan via Google/ whatever the internet for topics such as YYYYY or (iii) still free and even more impressive - Scan the website(s) ZZZZZ using their “search / current developments” option.

©same as (b) but have some other designated person / group do it / document it. :smile: Should be easy if you work at NASA.

(d)Create a form to demonstrate performance, monthly if you are keen and it’s necessary or an appropriate annual review / compilation if it’s not.

No doubt other methods are in use also?. Some of them may even be genuine. :smile:

BTW – Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

There's no need to spend money on this one. Define in writing who is responsible then list how it is done. You can indicate membership in a trade association. You can sign up for free updates on important food safety information from FSIS or FDA websites regarding regulatory updates or recalls. You can indicate you have a subsription to a trade magazaine ...and in fact...you can list this web site because here you can keep up with such changes.

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

I can empathise with Dan; we all suffer from information overload especially on the internet which can make it difficult to filter and decipher what is fact and what is current. As Cathy says this place is a source of information that can be referenced. You will find a lot of facts here and also some posts by me. :whistle:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

dan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

Thank you for your replies. All good information. I must admit that, sometimes, in the midst of all the information that is available, I sometimes overlook the obvious. You have all set me back on path.

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Here's an example of a good reason so stay current...this news came out on the 8th...

As of December 10, 2010, the former FDA 24-hour emergency number, 301-443-1240, will be disconnected. The new numbers for the Office of Emergency Operations will be 1-866-300-4374 or 301-796-8240.

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users