Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Workers shall have competence, awareness, training on many items. But what forms of training like induction, audit. What training needs to do all over everything and when shall it be done.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

I can provide some general information not necessary related to ISO 2200, but should be similar for any FSMS. ISO 22000 experts feel free to ‘chip in’ with your ideas.

Your company is required to have a comprehensive and effective training system in place to ensure that all employees whose activities affect the FSMS are competent to carry out their role. The skills, knowledge, training etc. required to develop the requisite competence levels must be identified by you and you must have plans in place to achieve this and records of how you went about it.

New employees are important (include temps) and various training for them could include:

- New employee induction training
- Basic food safety awareness training
- On the job / role specific training
- Job description including roles and responsibilities
- FSMS awareness, policy, objectives etc.
- FSMS requirements (PRPs requirements, HACCP requirements and quality requirements)
- Guidelines on the Company’s professional work ethics
- Health and safety
- Reporting on injuries, hazards and emergency situations

Then more specific training for those who manage the FSMS could include:

- Internal Auditors
- FSMS Team Leader
- FSMS / HACCP Team

Additional refresher training needs can be identified through a variety of sources including observation of work, level of awareness, scheduled training, oral questioning, results of inspections, improvement reports, customer complaints, introduction of new or changed processes or equipment, availability of new training materials, changes in legislation etc.

All training should be planned and recorded systematically and regular reviews and monitoring of competence feeds into the refresher training cycle.

If available a Food Safety Awareness training course for Senior Executives would be useful. :smile:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

Sorry for my late reply, the information is helpful always.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users