• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Cyprus
    Cyprus

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hello everyone!
Im trying to make a HACCP plan for a feed mill and im a bit confused. During the hazard analysis i have to make an assesment about the severity and probability of the hazards in order to classify my CCPs, OPRPS and PRPs.

The question is: when thinking of severity, should i be concerned for the effects of the hazards on animals or in humans?
Ofcourse there are some hazards that can be passed to human within the food chain, such as pesticide residues or aflatoxins, but apart from them how should i asses the other hazards?

nitac

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

I manufacture animal feed as a by product in our operation. With regards to HACCP, the by products are covered for human health within the remit of our standard products (pesticides / toxins etc) but then we have a seperate HACCP for animal feed that relates specifically to animal health as they are the consumer group. We are not informed if the animal will then enter the food chain or not as this may be used for pet food so have to consider this within the feed HACCP plan. It May also differ by legislation within the country you are manufacturing?

You may find the following useful: http://www.agindustr...orts.mspx#femas

Micro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Cyprus
    Cyprus

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

Nitac,In your case that sounds logical because you work in a processing plant that apart from the products you make for human consumption you also have the by products to manufacture animal feed. The premises im talking about is a feed mill that only manufactures feed for poultry from maize and wheat. I will check out the website and see if it can be of any help!Many thanks.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Dear Micro,

There is at least one, probably more, detailed HACCP plan for a grain / flour feedmill on this forum. Try searching grain, or flour.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users