Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Quick background. I have updated our FSMS manual taking into consideration Zeeshan’s inputs. In order to properly refer to appropriate documents (be it procedures, instructions, forms, guidelines, or other reference documents), I would like to ask your help on what documents I need to ask them particularly on the sections below so I could tie them in the manual. Please note that I have listed the documents I know in blue (but I could be wrong, please correct me, if any). There are some more grey areas on some sections. I hope you can name possible documents (procedures, forms, etc) so I could ask what documents exactly I will be needed to complete the manual. As usual, thank you very much for your help. <SNIP>7-Planning and realization of safe products 7.3 Preliminary steps to enable hazard analysis 7.3.3 Product characteristics 7.3.3.1 Raw materials, ingredients and product-contact materials 7.3.3.2 Characteristics of end products 7.3.4 Intended use 7.3.5 Flow diagrams, process steps and control measures 7.3.5.1 Flow diagrams 7.3.5.2 Description of process steps and control measures 7.4 Hazard analysis 7.4.2 Hazard identification and determination of acceptable levels 7.4.3 Hazard assessment 7.4.4 Selection and assessment of control measures 7.6 Establishing the HACCP plan 7.6.1 HACCP plan 7.6.2 Identification of critical control points (CCPs) 7.6.3 Determination of critical limits for critical control points 7.6.4 System for the monitoring of critical control points 7.6.5 Actions when monitoring results exceed critical limits 7.7 Updating of preliminary information and documents specifying the PRPs and the HACCP plan 7.8 Verification planning (e.g. Verification Plan) 7.10 Control of nonconformity 7.10.1 Corrections (e.g. Corrections and Corrective Actions Procedures) 7.10.3 Handling of potentially unsafe products (e.g. Handling of Potentially Unsafe Products Procedure) 7.10.3.2 Evaluation for release 7.10.3.3 Disposition of nonconforming products 7.10.4 Withdrawals (e.g. Product Recall and Withdrawal Procedure) 8-Validation, Verification &amp; Improvement of the Food Safety Management System 8.2 Validation of control measure combinations 8.3 Control of monitoring and measuring 8.4 Food safety management system verification 8.4.1 Internal audit (e.g. Internal Audit Procedure) 8.4.2 Evaluation of individual verification results 8.4.3 Analysis of results of verification activities

Edited by mind over matter, 12 February 2011 - 01:24 PM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Quick background. I have updated our FSMS manual taking into consideration Zeeshan’s inputs. I was scheduled to visit our subsidiary by February to finalize their FSMS documentation. Said subsidiary will go for ISO 22000 certification on May 2011. Now in order to properly refer to appropriate documents (be it procedures, instructions, forms, guidelines, or other reference documents), I would like to ask your help on what documents I need to ask them particularly on the sections below so I could tie them in the manual. Please note that I have listed the documents I know in blue (but I could be wrong, please correct me, if any). There are some more grey areas on some sections. I hope you can name possible documents (procedures, forms, etc) so I could ask what documents exactly I will be needed to complete the manual.

As usual, thank you very much for your help.

Your question is very broad and unclear and perhaps that is why nobody has replied. So you have updated your FSMS - is it operational, in what kind of food business?

If you have a system then surely you need to know what FSMS system / documents to look for in your subsidiary??? In what kind of food business - the same as you?

It is unclear what you have done already, what you are trying to do and what else you need to do? You would be much better asking smaller more targetted questions, that way you are likely to get a clear answer and surely that will help you.

I am letting you know this because I want the forum to help you with your project.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

Your question is very broad and unclear and perhaps that is why nobody has replied. So you have updated your FSMS - is it operational, in what kind of food business?

If you have a system then surely you need to know what FSMS system / documents to look for in your subsidiary??? In what kind of food business - the same as you?

It is unclear what you have done already, what you are trying to do and what else you need to do? You would be much better asking smaller more targetted questions, that way you are likely to get a clear answer and surely that will help you.

I am letting you know this because I want the forum to help you with your project.

Regards,
Simon

Hi Simon,
I’m very sorry if my question was not clear. We wrote our FSMS manual but it’s not effective yet. The manual is still under review and soon to be implemented (hopefully on the second week of February) once all documents that contains it are approved.

If implementation team read the manual and they look at the "refer to" they should be able to see what documents (lower level) are needed. I used a dummy document titles but these should be replaced when I visited our subsidiary’s site (plant) to finalize their documentation. Problem is it would be hard to link, for example, level 1 documents to level 2 documents without better understanding of their processes, or existing documents, if any. Eventually, we will be linking level 2 to level 3 documents (assuming that I would still be documenting some procedures - the level 2) in similar fashion. I thought it’s easier to write procedures and forms, instructions, etc at the same time than linking existing documents that I am not aware of to the policy statements (FSMS manual) I drafted. I am not sure how and what specific documents I would be asking them as soon as I arrived at their site. The communication should be understandable even to layman because they would find it hard to grasp too technical terminologies/document titles.

I feel that would be setting myself up for trouble.

Edited by mind over matter, 01 February 2011 - 08:41 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

Dear MOM,

Well, i can give you a quick answer to the general question of which elements you are going to shortly have to consider satisfying / documenting from the list in yr first post. All of them ! :smile: . The reason is that they all represent logical and integral steps in developing the company hazard plan, including the handling of consequences of any haccp operational failures.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to insert many (any?) details until one has seen the process although some basic required general procedures / associated details can be anticipated in advance, eg "how to do/document a hazard analysis"; even though ISO 22000 has to some extent re-focused some aspects of the (traditional) approach. To put it another way, if yr proposed target process has an ongoing and satisfactory/documented traditional haccp system and an approved ISO 9001 setup, I guess this should already contain at least 75% of the 22000 requirements. Other users of iso 22000 agree? :smile:

I hope that was the kind of question in yr original post.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS, if you are specifically asking what haccp procedures are involved, i suggest you study either of the well-known Codex/NACMF haccp treatises which specify the various procedural steps required to generate/maintain/validate/verify a haccp plan. They spell out the basic steps and types of documentation which should be prepared. ISO 22000 adapts and builds on this (safety-related) material.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

RICKG

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

I would be most interested in looking at a cross-reference, gap analysis matrix between the ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 Standard. It would be most helpful. Please do feel free to email me!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users