• Quick Navigation
Photo

ISO 22000 does not need separated HACCP and/or GMP certificates?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Erasmus Koay

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

There are some companies who are certified with ISO 22000 certificates.

Would it be correct to say that these companies do not have the absolute need for GMP or HACCP as separate documents?

Thank you.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

HACCP and GMP are an integral part of ISO 22000. You would be unlikely to achieve ISO 22000 certification without them. What are you looking to do Erasmus?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

<BR>There are some companies who are certified with ISO 22000 certificates.<BR><BR>Would it be correct to say that these companies do not have the absolute need for GMP or HACCP as separate documents?<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR>

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">What do you mean by separate documents? Are you talking about separate or combined manuals? If so, I think it's not a matter of separate or combined. It's a matter of yours is complying the requirements of ISO 22000 –- GMP and HACCP program are part of it. </SPAN></P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><BR><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"></SPAN><STRONG>EDIT: Didn't notice about certficates, so my response re manuals may be irrelevant. My apologies. </STRONG></SPAN></P>

Edited by mind over matter, 13 February 2011 - 01:57 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Erasmus Koay

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Simon and Mind Over Matter,

The practice in Malaysia is encouragement towards Food Safety and to be certified.

Some organisations strategised by going for ISO 22000 but fulfilling the requirements of HACCP and GMP so that they can actually save cost of audits and maintaining the certificates.

Others, may have a combine of ISO and HACCP but will not be having GMP.

In other words, HACCP and GMP are not a necessity if a company already has obtained ISO 22000. But I just want to confirm this is the case for Malaysia and also practices in other parts of the world.

Thank you.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users