Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:WORK: ISO / FSSC 22000 & ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training,
    PLAY: Music concerts/festivals. Folk & Heavy Rock!. Play various instruments, including mandolin, guitar, banjo and bouzouki.

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

thx ken

Most of the haccp/iso 22000 trainers/consultants use the concept "farm to fork/plate". this thought is wrong in the restaurants who directly distribute the hot meal boxes within the restaurants.

What precautions to be taken by the restaurants to avoid any legal cases, if the customers report any food poison cases?

Regards
Jomy Abraham

Jomy

You define the scope of your haccp plan so in the case of a takeaway restaurant, it is from the receipt of ingredients to serving the consumer. If consultants / trainers feel that there is a need to check the temperature of your customers food every hour after purchase then they need a reality check......or have I misunderstood you!

If you can prove that all precautions were taken whilst the food was under your control, then I don't see a problem. As I said before, once it is with the consumer, there isn't much you can do.

Ken

D-D

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 239 posts
  • 55 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

I had level 2 Food Hygiene (UK) training last week and was told you need to cook at minimum 70C (ideally 75C) and after that you can hot-hold at minimum 63C for maximum 90 minutes. Otherwise you can cool the cooked food as fast as possible and then re-heat at minimum 82C.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

On catering establishments and not having control over what the consumer does once purchase is completed. I think the catering HACCP plan needs to take into account customer misuse and if I were a restaurant I would print on my menus etc "please enjoy your food hot and although it's delicious, please don't save it for later and reheat" or something. No-one does though. Despite this I suspect an EHO in the UK would not prosecute a takeaway if the consumer got ill due to actions they had taken but I'm not so sure the same would apply with a food manufacturer. For example, if Listeria were found in a ready meal and the reheat instructions were proven to far exceed the temperatures required to kill but the consumers got ill because they didn't reheat it properly; it would be the manufacturer at "fault". (Rightly so IMO even before the law on Listeria changed but still it sos a double standard IMO.)

Edited by GMO, 28 February 2011 - 11:05 AM.

clover

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

http://brc-canada.com/html/cert.html

++ for the restaurant

(or ISO 22000 of course) smile.gif

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - sorry, I forgot the good lawyer !

Hi Charles, the link is invalid ? 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hi Charles, the link is invalid ? 

Hi clover,

5 years old.

Sorry, probably long-gone.

Deleted.

Thanks for notifying.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

clement

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:13 AM

I can empathize with Mr abraham it is sad most org are worried only about profit and loss and not human beings.What i would suggest to the client is to make the food on site which will solve a lot of problems regarding the safety of the food.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users