Inesa

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 65 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark
  • Interests:Children and a Cat, FS, Ballroom Dance, Comedy, "Sofa+tea+cookie" relax, walk in nature, still play in sandbox...

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hi,

I get a small electric shock everytime I tuch my dishwasher. If I touch with wet hands I get a bigger one.. Posted Image
It's a small "table" dishwasher, I connected the whole thing myself (no guy help Posted Image), kids can't reach it.
My knowledge about electricity and technology is poor.. Posted Image
What should I do?? Posted Image any ideas?

Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning. (Igor Stravinsky)

Chief Inspector

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

Seriously...call an electrician! For an hour's diagnosis and possible resolution, you're eliminating further shock, potential fire, and/or early 'death' of the dishwasher. Your dishwasher is not grounded correctly, or the outlet that it's plugged into isn't. Either way, you are risking house and home. It doesn't matter if you've got guy help, girl help, or hermaphrodite help...get onsite help!

Inesa

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 65 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark
  • Interests:Children and a Cat, FS, Ballroom Dance, Comedy, "Sofa+tea+cookie" relax, walk in nature, still play in sandbox...

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

Seriously...call an electrician! For an hour's diagnosis and possible resolution, you're eliminating further shock, potential fire, and/or early 'death' of the dishwasher. Your dishwasher is not grounded correctly, or the outlet that it's plugged into isn't. Either way, you are risking house and home. It doesn't matter if you've got guy help, girl help, or hermaphrodite help...get onsite help!

Take it easy Chef , had a bad day?Posted Image

Electrician costs. I've just bought it from a friend upstairs, who had same type of appartment and never had this problem. This dishwasher doesn't need a special el. power connection, it can be connected as TV, PC or other things.
That's why I want to find out what could be a problem.

And thanks for your reply, I've got an idea why:
" Your dishwasher is not grounded correctly, or the outlet that it's plugged into isn't."
I use a simple extension lead, probably that's why Posted Image
I'll connect it to the main power outlet "in the wall", hope it will help Posted Image

Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning. (Igor Stravinsky)

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Inesa. You kill me. That was funny!

Especially your pic: :dunno:.

Thanks for the LOL's.

And hopefully no more electrocution for you. :unsure: Seriously!

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Hongyun

Finger Lickin' Good

• IFSQN Member
  • 241 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Take it easy Chef , had a bad day?Posted Image

Haha, I'm sure Chef is just worried for your safety and home. Worse case scenario, you can get killed from high voltage, or maybe get your house burnt down.

So, how was it? Did the situation get better now?

"World Community Grid made it possible for us to analyze in one day the number of specimens that would take approximately 130 years to complete using a traditional computer."

- Dr. David J. Foran, professor and lead researcher at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.

Join our LinkedIn Group! >> <<

Inesa

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 65 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hi guys,

after a little googling information about different power outlets it appeared that in my apartment there is only one outlet which has a grounding- the one for my fridge... (two holes- means no grounding, three holes- with grounding ) So I have to buy some adaptor with two outlets for fridge and dishwasher and suitable extension lead. I'll take care of it next week and my dishwasher is disconnected at the moment, after Chef has scared me to death.... Posted Image

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

My wifes dishwasher runs on cakes and beer. It's environmentally friendly and it won't shock you; well maybe if too many beers are loaded. :lol:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

cesspadilla

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

I get a small electric shock everytime I tuch my dishwasher. If I touch with wet hands I get a bigger one.. Posted Image
It's a small "table" dishwasher, I connected the whole thing myself (no guy help Posted Image), kids can't reach it.
My knowledge about electricity and technology is poor.. Posted Image
What should I do?? Posted Image any ideas?

I agree with Chief, you might as well try to get the attention of an expert. It will cost you but it's better than to get electrocuted.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users