• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hello friends,

I am a new comer to this forum. Can somebody give me a PRP for a bread making industry.

Thanks

Krishnan, R

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

A bit more information on what you're after would be helpful. There are PRPs which are general and found in most food companies (e.g. preventative maintenance programmes, cleaning, supplier approval etc). What are you specifically interested in? It's generally best for a HACCP team to compile a list themselves as there may be some which are specific to your plant (not just your industry) and what might be a PRP in one factory might be an oPRP or a CCP in another.

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

I totally agree with comments made by GMO. You need to supply more information so that we can try and assist you further.

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Skye

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

These are the prerequisites I specified for a bakery I have recently been carrying out consultancy work for:

· Site standards, premises, facilities, maintenance and equipment.

· Storage and stock rotation.

· Manufacturing specifications, product and process control.

· Calibration.

· Water supply.

· Cleaning and disinfection programme.

· Personal hygiene standards, fitness to work and reporting illness.

· Training procedures.

· Pest control.

· Waste management.

· Traceability systems and procedures.

· Incident management, product withdrawal, continuity plans.

· Product packaging and labelling requirements.

· Record keeping.

Thanked by 1 Member:

jayakrish

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to implement a PRP for my friend who is running a Bread making factory. I have adopted certain hygiene practices from Codex alumentarius. I am looking for any specific practices related to the Baking machinery maintenance, Material handling practices related to rawmaterials and products in bakery.

A bit more information on what you're after would be helpful. There are PRPs which are general and found in most food companies (e.g. preventative maintenance programmes, cleaning, supplier approval etc). What are you specifically interested in? It's generally best for a HACCP team to compile a list themselves as there may be some which are specific to your plant (not just your industry) and what might be a PRP in one factory might be an oPRP or a CCP in another.

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:38 AM

Jayakrish,

As you are helping a friend and they seem to be requiring the basic of food safety pans, starting with the Codex Alimentarius is an excellent idea.

Once you follow the HACCP principles, you will know which support programs you require for your control measures.

Baking Machine Maintenance

• Obtain the maintenance and cleaning instructions from the suppliers of these equipment
  • One should never purchase equipment if it doesn't come with instructions
  • Develop your own Cleaning & Sanitation, Preventative & Maintenance procedures
  • When purchasing equipment, ensure there is no wood, glass, and flimsy plastic
  • Where possible, purchase equipment that is easily moveable; avoid equipment that will easily rust or have "hard to reach" areas for cleaning and maintenance
Material Handling Practices (Raw Materials & Product)
  • There are many procedures for these you will be required to develop
  • Consider the entire Food Process: receival of raw materials, storage, preparation, mixing, baking, cooling, packing, dispatch, delivery
  • Follow the HACCP principles: develop your flow chart, determine the control measures to prevent microbial, physical, chemical contamination
  • Consider Approved Supplier Program, Personnel Hygiene amongst others within the Food Process
It all starts with developing the risk assessment tool for the food industry: your HACCP Hazard Analysis, Table, and Flow Chart.

GMO & Skye have offered some great suggestions / answers for you.

Attached Files

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Thanked by 1 Member:

jayakrish

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

Thank you very much, your info is very useful.

Jayakrish,

As you are helping a friend and they seem to be requiring the basic of food safety pans, starting with the Codex Alimentarius is an excellent idea.

Once you follow the HACCP principles, you will know which support programs you require for your control measures.

Baking Machine Maintenance

• Obtain the maintenance and cleaning instructions from the suppliers of these equipment
  • One should never purchase equipment if it doesn't come with instructions
  • Develop your own Cleaning & Sanitation, Preventative & Maintenance procedures
  • When purchasing equipment, ensure there is no wood, glass, and flimsy plastic
  • Where possible, purchase equipment that is easily moveable; avoid equipment that will easily rust or have "hard to reach" areas for cleaning and maintenance
Material Handling Practices (Raw Materials & Product)
  • There are many procedures for these you will be required to develop
  • Consider the entire Food Process: receival of raw materials, storage, preparation, mixing, baking, cooling, packing, dispatch, delivery
  • Follow the HACCP principles: develop your flow chart, determine the control measures to prevent microbial, physical, chemical contamination
  • Consider Approved Supplier Program, Personnel Hygiene amongst others within the Food Process
It all starts with developing the risk assessment tool for the food industry: your HACCP Hazard Analysis, Table, and Flow Chart.

GMO & Skye have offered some great suggestions / answers for you.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users