SZY

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:36 AM

Hi, guys

I believe in most of the countries, there is a requirement of temperature control on cooling step. For example, In Australia, temperature needs to be dropped down from 60 deg C to 21 deg C in a maximum of 2 hours, and from 21 deg C to 5 deg C in a further maximum period of 4 hours.

I just want to know, how you guys follow this requirement? How you actually check the temperature? Manually? Or automatically by using some instruments? Or using other method as an alternative, for instance, microbial testing?

Can anyone here give me some suggestion on either how to follow the requirement or what method I can choose as an alternative?

Thank you in advance.

SZY

konmar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

Hi, guys

I believe in most of the countries, there is a requirement of temperature control on cooling step. For example, In Australia, temperature needs to be dropped down from 60 deg C to 21 deg C in a maximum of 2 hours, and from 21 deg C to 5 deg C in a further maximum period of 4 hours.

I just want to know, how you guys follow this requirement? How you actually check the temperature? Manually? Or automatically by using some instruments? Or using other method as an alternative, for instance, microbial testing?

Can anyone here give me some suggestion on either how to follow the requirement or what method I can choose as an alternative?

Thank you in advance.

SZY

Dear SZY,

I'll tell you how I'm controling this issue: When a client doen't have blast Chiller he has to use a form and measure temperature manualy. In this form he has to record the time (e.x 10:00) that food comes out of the oven and tempererure >75 C, in the next 2 h the tempereture must be around 60 C, so he writes down time (e.x.11:50) and T (61 C), and puts it in the fridge, after 4 h the T must be < 5 Cand he also must record Time and T.

It is not easy and takes time but it is the only way to prove that you follow the cooling procedure. Ofcourse he records only once a day this procedure and not every time that he cools food.

BR
konmar

• MQA likes this

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users