• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hi All,

I'm in need of some help and what better place to find it than the Food and Safety Network. It is such an incredible forum and has provided me with a lot of help. Thank you all!

We are in the process of reviewing our documents for our BRC audit which is on the 1st and 2nd June. I just wanted to find out whether there are other Companies out there that used Integrity Testing on cartridge filters as a monitoring procedure to ensure a CCP is under control?

:helpplease:

BVRC

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 43 thanks
Good

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hi there
Yes, we do. The pressure drop is the critical limit for the CCP.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Wallie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi there
Yes, we do. The pressure drop is the critical limit for the CCP.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Do you also use Ozonated and pressurised water to rinse the bottles before filling? If you do what is the ozone level (0.5 ppm) and water pressure (>1.8kPa)?
I am trying to collect evidence to justify why we use the critical limits that we use.

Thanks.

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

You can do microbial analysis on your water before and after ozonization. Build data over time, and assuming acceptable levels, that is some evidence that could be used.

Regarding ozone, do not assume the ozone is enough to achieve the levels you need. In my opinion, a validation step is needed here. Past experience, although anectdotal, has shown a potential of high TPC even with an ozone reading higher than .5ppm.

Please note, I am far from an expert on ozone - but have data from our particular operation (PET bottle cooling tunnel water).

Sharon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

Sorry maybe a bit late but we use the integrity testing as our verification. This has been a successful measure for us for HACCP for many years and we are about to go for BRC on 13 & 14th July so would love to know if it was ok for you, although it is too late for us to change.

Hi All,

I'm in need of some help and what better place to find it than the Food and Safety Network. It is such an incredible forum and has provided me with a lot of help. Thank you all!

We are in the process of reviewing our documents for our BRC audit which is on the 1st and 2nd June. I just wanted to find out whether there are other Companies out there that used Integrity Testing on cartridge filters as a monitoring procedure to ensure a CCP is under control?

:helpplease:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users