• Quick Navigation
Photo

Frequency checking on finished product if production run is 24 hours?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
- - - - -

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Can anybody willing to share the frequency checking on finished product if the prodcution run 24 hours?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

Can anybody willing to share the frequency checking on finished product if the prodcution run 24 hours?

Dear Carine,

More process details required please.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:57 AM

Charles, we r tube ice manufacturing company, the prroduction is running 24h. We use colour raffia string to define the product batch, means 1 day got 2 batch. 12h each bach. Ice machine produce the ice every 30 min per cycle. The parameter that we going to check on our finished product is pH, chlorine.... .. Thanks

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Is anybody know about his??

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

For frequency of any checks it would need to be based on risk and practicalities. What are the consequences to the consumer of a failure? Are you releasing the product based upon the results? If so, you need to be able to hold until the results are available. How varied are the results? If very varied, you may need to test more often. If a result failed, how much product would you have to hold and reprocess or retest? Is that too much? Then test more often. Etc, etc.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Dear Carine,

In addition to GMO's comments, the sampling will also depend on how "tight" yr specification is, ie the acceptable range of pH, chlorine.

I presume you mean 1lot/30mins and 24lots/batch and 2batches/day.

The measurements involved are pretty easy/quick and not so expensive I believe. So maybe take duplicate samples every hour over 12 hour period and hv a look at results as per GMO’s ideas. Theoretically one can deduce if the process is “in control” with respect to some stated parameter target from this type of data. just an idea, I forget all the theory (something like that if you can assume all the samples are from a common supply, then the calculation for sample size to estimate a spec.value/range with a given accuracy and known lot variability is Statistics 101 :smile: ).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

Actually our process is quite simple, the raw material is water which supply from local authorities and no other additives was added during the process, can i assume that the quality is guaranteed by local authories, then reduce the frequency of testing? By the way, anybody have some article to share out about the consequences to human health if changing of pH, free chlorine of ice? Thanks in advance.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Dear carine,

The answer to yr first paragraph depend totally on the quality of yr input water / reliability of any guarantee / yr own process hygiene. Unfortunately all unknown to me. :smile:

Regarding pH, there is an EC requirement for water to be within a certain range, presumably 7+/- (X) but i forget the X, one units maybe. Healthwise no idea.
For chlorine, most humans (and fish I believe) prefer it to be approx nil, again i think there is an EC maximum but different countries often hv their own opinion/regulation, probably like yours. It's usage/level is potentially linked to the possible appearance of carcinogens in the water so it's not exactly recommended for consumption at any level i think. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AKV

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Actually our process is quite simple, the raw material is water which supply from local authorities and no other additives was added during the process, can i assume that the quality is guaranteed by local authories, then reduce the frequency of testing? By the way, anybody have some article to share out about the consequences to human health if changing of pH, free chlorine of ice? Thanks in advance.

The US Code of Federal Regulation addresses drinking water in 40CFR141. There is regulation on "secondary" drinking water too that is 40CFR143. To review any US Code of Federal Regulation go to http://www.gpoaccess.../cfr/index.html The US EPA should also be a good source.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users