• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay
  • Interests:FSMS, QMS, Food technology

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hello Everyone, Does anyone have examples of verification sheets for baitstations? The company where I work is developing an internal pest control program, so workers are being trained for placing baits etc. but I would like to desing the document the best as possible to register weekly inspection.
The pest control advicer braught a sheet model but I think it can be much better... If someone can help me, I would really appreciate it. :rolleyes:

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hello Everyone, Does anyone have examples of verification sheets for baitstations? The company where I work is developing an internal pest control program, so workers are being trained for placing baits etc. but I would like to desing the document the best as possible to register weekly inspection.
The pest control advicer braught a sheet model but I think it can be much better... If someone can help me, I would really appreciate it. :rolleyes:

This is what I use.
I have the person checking the bait station indicate, by station, where there is feeding activity to collect data for a trend graph.
The bottom part is used to make entries on the pesticide application log.

Marshall

Attached Files

Edited by mgourley, 02 July 2011 - 12:45 AM.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Claudia_QP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

Thanks a lot Marshall :smile:

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

Here's another simple spreadsheet for what it's worth:

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

Dear esquef,

Thks for the attachment.

One query, what does blocked mean ? Overweight rodent ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Dear esquef,

Thks for the attachment.

One query, what does blocked mean ? Overweight rodent ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

I guess that could be one reason, lol. But in this case it refers to the opening of the trap being blocked due to movement of the box.

Cheers,
esquef

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hi all,

We have 36 bait station in our factory, we found out the baits almost have been taken/ consumed by the rat based on the monthly report by the external pest controller, we have cheking the whole area and didn't see any dead rat , hole or gap or food sources attracted the rat come in, can i assume that the pest control is effective in our plant?? Or have to do other proofing for the effectiveness??? Pls advice.

Claudia_QP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hi all,

We have 36 bait station in our factory, we found out the baits almost have been taken/ consumed by the rat based on the monthly report by the external pest controller, we have cheking the whole area and didn't see any dead rat , hole or gap or food sources attracted the rat come in, can i assume that the pest control is effective in our plant?? Or have to do other proofing for the effectiveness??? Pls advice.

Hello Carine, if you are using baits I assume the stations are external?. The chemicals used normally don't have inmediate effects, because otherwise the rodents will associate the death to the food consumed at the station, however, if the effect is slow, they will not. So they will keep consuming the baits. the rat burrows can be located even 500 meters away from the point of feeding, so is normal that you don't see them around. If you dont have evidence of them getting in the production area (feaces, product damage, etc).I would say the pest control program it is effective.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users