• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Obligatory intro post.

Hi, I am Neil, currently a PhD student at Strathclyde. My current research is on the use of IT in HACCP systems in the SME sector and subsequent transference of that knowledge to developing nations for the promotion of general public health.

Background in environmental health, quality assurance, energy and environmental consultancy.

Claudia_QP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay
  • Interests:FSMS, QMS, Food technology

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Obligatory intro post.

Hi, I am Neil, currently a PhD student at Strathclyde. My current research is on the use of IT in HACCP systems in the SME sector and subsequent transference of that knowledge to developing nations for the promotion of general public health.

Background in environmental health, quality assurance, energy and environmental consultancy.

:welcome: Neil, very interesting topic for a PhD! I am now developing a HACCP plan in my company (egg production) and we are applying as much of IT available especially for traceability

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hello Neil AKA Stealth Banana and a warm welcome to the forums. If you stick around here you should avoid any 'slip ups' as you progress your PhD; or at least it gives you a semi-productive avenue for procrastinating.

:welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the IFSQN, I’m sure you will learn much from it. I don’t usually post away from the nest (shame on me :blush:) but your introductory post caught my attention.

Our company has the IT you are researching, and in addition we have several users in developing nations where traditionally the application of good robust food safety management is lacking.

Just thought we might be able to help in some way with your research. Feel free to get in touch if you think so.

Regards,

Philip.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users