• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hello,

Our R&D department does not currently have a HACCP book, we receive products or even samples that are very small in quantity but high on price. These products are sometime turned into a product at the plant level where everything is scaled up; Plant has a CCP of metal detection. The R&D department develops samples for potential customers and specifies that samples are not to be used on finished products. We've identified the risks and so far, we don't see any CCP. Is this a valid statement, or this there any other legal reference that help our case. And if so, how does the traceability of samples affect this argument. Thank you.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

Dear Joseph - Chicago,

Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

The YES/NO answer to yr risk question rather depends on whether yr risk analysis is correct. eg product/process data ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Carlos Leoncini

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Argentina
    Argentina
  • Interests:Food safety, Quality, BRC stds, cleaning and sanitation technologies, PCQI

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

A book I would like to recommend is HACCP, A practical aproach, from C. Wallace and Sara Mortimore. I had the honor of working with Sara some time ago. In this book you will read about Product Safety Assessment. THe idea is to evaluate risks and hazards from the very design of products. I hope you find it interesting. Regards.

BahmanM

Grade - AIFSQN

• Banned
  • 30 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

Hello,

Our R&D department does not currently have a HACCP book, we receive products or even samples that are very small in quantity but high on price. These products are sometime turned into a product at the plant level where everything is scaled up; Plant has a CCP of metal detection. The R&D department develops samples for potential customers and specifies that samples are not to be used on finished products. We've identified the risks and so far, we don't see any CCP. Is this a valid statement, or this there any other legal reference that help our case. And if so, how does the traceability of samples affect this argument. Thank you.

No need to HACCP book, reading the Codex Alimentarious Commision method is enough . I will try to uploade it for your scientific reasearch & development.

Attached Files

Edited by BAHRAMD, 24 July 2011 - 04:54 AM.

BahmanM

Grade - AIFSQN

• Banned
  • 30 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

Excuse those are contain two files. one of them is GMP regulation and other is about HACCP requirements. I hope these are usefull for you.

Attached Files

Edited by BAHRAMD, 24 July 2011 - 05:00 AM.

billy21

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi everyone :rolleyes:

I would like to give me your help on HACCP

I would like to ask you if there is any guideline developed specifically for HACCP systems for R&D areas.

billy21

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I continue on the previous post (i accidentally post it without finishing :rolleyes: )

Like i said i am looking for a guideline for R&D HACCP system. Just to mention a few words about the r&d facility:

It is an area with labs where small scale test products are produced and a pilot plant (with flexible line) where bigger scale products are produced (confectionary products)....the products could have various intended uses....- sensory testing, internal consumption, consumer tests etc-
I am thinking that when it comes to a test facility , which is very flexible in terms of raw materials, operations etc) the HACCP system for a confectionary factory can not be applied given that an r&d area has unique characteristics (e.g. product prototypes, novel recipes, no standard processes parameters, great varietey of use of raw materials from approved or unpporved suppliers)

So i was wondering if there is any guideline specific for HACCP R&D -- or else if you know any guideline from a type of plant which has similar characteristics to an r&d area (so it could be applicable to r&d)....

Thank you very much in advance

:smile:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users