• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hello All,

Thank you for viewing this topic. I am in need of a spray nozzle to go on the end of a water hose. We have been having trouble locating an adequate spray nozzle for our cleaning and sanitation at the end of our days run. It never fails, within two months of using our spray nozzles they seem to not be able to take the wear and tear of use. I am looking for some help locating a spray nozzle that is durable and can last me longer than 3-4 months. Are there any out there for a reasonable price? I recently did some research and found a heavy duty nozzle for $226 dollars, however I do not believe it is worth its weight in gold. If anybody has had any luck with a specific nozzle or brand I would appreciate a response!

Thanks for all your help!

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

I personally prefer the Strahman Hydro-Pro 150. It is stainless steel, insulated, has a trigger guard, only 150psi and lasts quite a while - it stood up to our abuse, at least. It is pricey, but it is safer than some of their cheaper models, especially if you're using hot water.

Different cleaning tasks have different requirements, of course. What are you cleaning? Your nozzles are not holding up? What is the hardness of your water? What temperature is the water you're using?

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

Dear DL,

IMEX, this piece of equipment is a likely candidate to be regularly abused in respect to work load. Cheaper (ie non-industrial grade) sets are frequently almost doomed to a short existence, particularly the gun nozzle section (if not the compressor unit). After wasting days of servicing / complaining on the telephone (not in USA), I simply upgraded to a larger and more robust product. End of problem but at a cost. (the queries in previous post were also relevant, a question of design tolerances etc :smile: ).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jacofan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

I've been looking for something like that for ergonomics!! Thanks!

I personally prefer the Strahman Hydro-Pro 150. It is stainless steel, insulated, has a trigger guard, only 150psi and lasts quite a while - it stood up to our abuse, at least. It is pricey, but it is safer than some of their cheaper models, especially if you're using hot water.

Different cleaning tasks have different requirements, of course. What are you cleaning? Your nozzles are not holding up? What is the hardness of your water? What temperature is the water you're using?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users