• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post! :bye:

I was hoping someone could help me locate the right product or come up with a better idea.

I work at a bakery and we are replacing warped sheet pans because we are noticing our cakes are coming out of the ovens slanted and in weird shapes. We have pulled about 500 warped sheet pans but we don't want to throw them out because they can serve every other purpose besides the baking process. That being said, I would like to maintain good and bad sheet pans separate but I need to be able to distinguish between the two so the dishwashers can clean and put away accordingly and production workers use the right ones.

I was thinking maybe putting a mark on the rims of the bad ones with food grade paint or something. Does anyone have any suggestions? Brands?

Or maybe our maintenance manager can weld a mark onto them?.. Maybe we can scratch one on?

Any input is much appreciated :dunno:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

Dear cpinamon,

Welcome to the forum :welcome: !

It rather depends on yr intended use of rejected items, must still be high temperature compatible ??

There seems to be little support for marking.

I appreciate this is a destructive option but maybe drill a small hole near the top of the (poor) pan. Depends on shape obviously.

A welded (or pop rivet) addition (tag or something) is a hygienic option but significant work and depends on yr available facilities.

Of course, many factories contact a scrap metal buyer. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Bradi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

We hads the same type of conversation today...we decide to purchase a stamp and have our maintenance dept stamp the poor quality ones. I'll let you know how it goes after we recieve our stamp.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users