- - - - -

ScottE

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

We are discussing moving some of our warehousing operations around. The actual packaging of dry goods (salt, pepper, creamer) is done at one FDA registered facility. I am wanting to get opinions on two things:

We are understanding that the storage of product in a warehouse would mean that location must be FDA registered. Is this a correct statement?

If we store at another registered location, but then bring a truck into the plant only to turn it around and ship in a short time period. Would that shipping point need to be registered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas Dunn

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

"Yes" to both of your questions, as I understand them.

Your obligation is to maintain traceability of all the "dry goods" food items.

Registration of any and all warehousing locations makes this possible. Your traceability records become suspect if/when your truck stops at any site not registered, and as such not managed under a food safety program.

We are discussing moving some of our warehousing operations around. The actual packaging of dry goods (salt, pepper, creamer) is done at one FDA registered facility. I am wanting to get opinions on two things:

We are understanding that the storage of product in a warehouse would mean that location must be FDA registered. Is this a correct statement?

If we store at another registered location, but then bring a truck into the plant only to turn it around and ship in a short time period. Would that shipping point need to be registered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users