Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

I am trying to write Product recall procedures for a shell egg facility. If anybody would have an example of a recall procedure I would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance!

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hey there,

Try this useful document to develop your own. Generally speaking, it doesn't matter what your facility produces. Throughout all manufacturing plants you need to know how to trace:

• Your raw materials from as soon as they arrive through your plant til the products you make are produced by your consumers
  • Opened raw materials that are transferred into sealed containers (storage) - traceability still needs to be active!
  • Work in Progress and Production (prepping, cooking, cooling, storage, etc). You need to know which raw materials were used at any given time (your production records should have a cross reference with batch codes used from your raw materials)
  • Storage of finished product - as above
  • Dispatch & Distribution - trace through your dispatch records where your product went. You need to know who you are selling your product to.

A recall plan should be able to be conducted both forwards and backwards.

Hope this helps. I'm sure someone here will forward you a sample of their recall plan. I would have to charge you for mine!!

Attached Files

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Thanked by 1 Member:

M Bergen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Here is a Government of Canada website with Recall Plan templates, very useful. http://www.inspectio...p/mgguide.shtml

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users