Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Currently we are auditing our CCP monthly to ensure it is working etc.

I feel that this audit is very long winded, does any one have any examples of CCP auditing?

Thanks

APS

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

Currently we are auditing our CCP monthly to ensure it is working etc.

I feel that this audit is very long winded, does any one have any examples of CCP auditing?

Thanks

APS

Dear Aps,

The answer may depend on what you mean by "auditing". Verification ? Just look at some documents ?

And do you mean you only have a total of one CCP ? This sounds like it may be HACCP heaven !

Usually, "auditing" is a HACCP system-wide program ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

aps

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

What i am trying to say do i need to audit my CCP's on a montly basis to ensure they are working as required

Thanks

aps

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Verification off ccp, how would i do a grading table in a potato factory for instance where there is no documents to look at

Bawdy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Perhaps the grader itself is not the actual CCP?

I used to work for a spice/seed cleaning company and we used various pieces of equipment as part of the processing line to remove stems, stones, foreign matter etc. None of them, with the execption of the metal detector was a CCP, the CCP was monitoring the quality of the product itself, with regular inspections that were documented, and CAs recorded if required.

No auditor ever had an issue with this. Critical limits were such things as <.0.1% by weight Foreign matter, particle size, bulk density, etc dependant upon the relevant specification. Usually performed at start up until the process was delivering in spec product, then about every 2 hours or when we changed prodcuts or batch. Once the line is running properly it did not vary, i suspect your potato grader would be similar. What can change once it is set up correctly?

Perhaps you could use a similar approach.

Also perhaps you should look at having somebody ( needs to be somebody other than the person who performed the checks and has the authority or knowledge on what to do if the records indicate out of control/limit)) sign off the docs every day prior to filing, so CCP monitored, recorded, verified and filed, with no need to review thenm again unless part of another audit or if there is an issue to investigate.

Paul.

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

It is ideal to get somebody to review the monitoring forms everyday to ensure that everything has been filled out correctly or at least once a week to ensure that they are being reviwed and signed off by the reviewer and this should suffice.

Cheers

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Dear aps,

I deduce we are talking about a haccp plan for packing raw whole potatoes.

IMO you are quite ingenious to find even one CCP for this other than perhaps a metal detector or labelling.

A ccp require a control measure (CM) which eliminates...etc a significant hazard.

Other than the MD/labelling, usually wholesale fruits / vegetables don't hv a CM as above in all the examples I've seen so far. (hence GAP)?? One advantage of a MD is it generates pages of numbers to rapidly verify, very auditor-friendly. Disadvantage is $$.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

foodsafetyboy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 72 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Verification off ccp, how would i do a grading table in a potato factory for instance where there is no documents to look at

Hi Aps,

Record keeping must not be taken for granted in a HACCP system. Everything should be documented in a process especially if it is a CCP, this would also help a lot in due diligence should a complaint related to food safety arises.

regards,

food safety boy

SandyH

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa
  • Interests:Food Safety

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

Dear Aps,

I am not sure how you audit your CCP without paperwork, or perhaps I misunderstand what you wrote. You do not need to audit your process on a monthly basis, it all depends what you have written in your internal audit procedure. If it stipulates monthly then you will have to audit monthly. However, your CCP checklist needs to be completed by a trained person and in my experience, signed off by the FSTL as verification. You also need to ensure your CCP is working so that you can verify this in your monthly HACCP meetings. I hope this helps.

Regards
SandyH

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users