Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

I m working with a start up business looking to get BRC accreditation to supply the UK Multiples & they have asked for advise on sourcing a provider to carry out a 3rd party audit. There seems to be hundreds of providers -can you recommend a good one and advise why you would recommend them - Thanks in advance

Dood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

We use SAI Global, and have done for many years a couple of sites.
They are a fair and good quality 3rd party auditor.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Eat more fish

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi

Have held BRC for 10 years now and originally used RSSL who were taken over by National Brittania. We now use Moody's. Can only comment on these 2 companies but in my experience Moody's whilst being very thorough are also very pragmatic and have a sensible approach to CA's. They can also be argued out of giving NC's, although be prepared to fight your corner.

All in all I believe a large part of it comes down to the auditor you get on the day.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

If you want a true test and to drive continual improvement through I can recommend Exova. Probably not the cheapest, but very thorough and professional with very knowledgeable and helpful auditors.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

faisal rafique

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

You may check BRC website for Certification Bodies status in this standard and their ranking in auditing. It may be to choose.

Faisal

Thanked by 2 Members:

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

If you are looking for a company to carry out your BRC Certification audit, the companies listed on the BRC's website should, in theory, all be comparable in terms of the way that they audit, as they undergo accreditation by UKAS.

In reality, they are not. I have been audited by several over the years and I have found that SAI, SGS and CMi have been the most professional - firm, thorough, knowledgable but fair. Others I have found almost too easy - National Brittannia and Micron come to mind.

If you are looking for a third party to carry out an audit as a pre-audit before certification you have more options as they do not have to be UKAS accredited. Most of the accredited certification bodies offer this pre-audit service.

The other thing to check is that the certification body can offer an audit in your particular food sector, some have limitations, again this is available from the BRC website.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Jayqc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Not sure if this is still the case, but I believe that some retailers had/have a list of certification bodies that they approve of a company using

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users