• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Dear All,

I am going to start working on environment, health and safety in the hotel. I am confused from where to start off and what action/work plan should i devise which would help me to initiate and being on track.

Any kind of help, assisstance and guideance will be valuable for me as i am a beginner in this field. Have got handful experience for food safety management systems but environment and safety are new to me.

Where can i find the best material to read?

Regards.

Riz.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

A simple starter for you Riz: Health and safety in hotels

And of course it's all about management commitment, resources, roles, responsibilities, training, policies, procedures and at the heart of it risk assessment.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 2 Members:

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

Dear All,

I am going to start working on environment, health and safety in the hotel. I am confused from where to start off and what action/work plan should i devise which would help me to initiate and being on track.

Any kind of help, assisstance and guideance will be valuable for me as i am a beginner in this field. Have got handful experience for food safety management systems but environment and safety are new to me.

Regards.

Riz.

I think you should start the same way you would implement food safety management system or any other standard. Find out what you are doing today. Describe your processes, and then compare it to what the standard says that you need to do. What specific/applicable standards are you trying to implement?

Edited by mind over matter, 11 December 2011 - 03:47 PM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Dear All,

Regards.

Riz.

Hi Riz,

In years past I worked as risk/safety/guest impact compliance auditor and consultant for a hotel franchise company. If your hotel is part of a chain (chain, co-op, or franchise) you should be able to call on the company for assistance/materials that you will need to build and implement your program. The resources avaiilable in this area are normally pretty substantial.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rizwan Ahmed

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

A simple starter for you Riz: Health and safety in hotels

And of course it's all about management commitment, resources, roles, responsibilities, training, policies, procedures and at the heart of it risk assessment.

Regards,
Simon

Dear Simon,

Thanks a lot the link is very useful...

Regards.

Riz.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users