• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum. I am in a meat processing plant. The plants program states, if reoccurrence of finding occur three or more times in an operating week on the same piece of equipment in the same location a deviation form will be initiated by the monitor who is doing the weekly check. The finding are recorded whether they are food contact or non food contact. I would like to change this program so that not every instance of 3 findings trigger a deviation/corrective action form. For instance, if there is 3 or more findings on a NON food contact surface, then I would like that to not trigger the deviation form. I think that it would be conceivable to have a decision tree that an employee can reference that says if this or that happens than this is what I do. Does anyone out there have such a program? If so do you have a model you would like to share? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Mac

Associate - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Well not knowing all the details of your operation theremay be another approach.

If you transferred each occurrence (this was not defined) to a spreadsheet thathad a list of all your equipment that you are monitoring. The columns would beeach day of the week, Total, Actionable.

You could assign a rating to food contact surface such as "2" and nonfood contact a "1". If the total reaches 6 points then the actionablecolumn would turn red indicating that something is to be done. With this scenario,if you had 1 occurrence of a "2" and 4 occurrence of a "1"then again the actionable column would turn red.

Depending on the rating you can use different triggering actionable points.

This may not help you with your operation but just providing you something tothink about.

tisher

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Well not knowing all the details of your operation theremay be another approach.

If you transferred each occurrence (this was not defined) to a spreadsheet thathad a list of all your equipment that you are monitoring. The columns would beeach day of the week, Total, Actionable.

You could assign a rating to food contact surface such as "2" and nonfood contact a "1". If the total reaches 6 points then the actionablecolumn would turn red indicating that something is to be done. With this scenario,if you had 1 occurrence of a "2" and 4 occurrence of a "1"then again the actionable column would turn red.

Depending on the rating you can use different triggering actionable points.

This may not help you with your operation but just providing you something tothink about.

We do have separate sheets that list all equipment in that specific area. The sheet covers 1 week. The pre-operation is done on all the equipment,everyday. This is a possibility to use your example, I guess I would have to do a risk assessment to determine what the actionable points could be. Any other suggestions?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users