• 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Yep, flour mills often have considerable levels of grain contamination on incoming wheat, you should see the **** that comes in :thumbdown: . Whether the last sieve is the CCP or not is a question worth asking but they often don't have metal or x-ray detection systems either so the only controls are magnets (not ideal) or sieves so at least one of those sieves will be a CCP.

Also I've known of two instances of foreign body contamination of flour which would suggest the sieves aren't always perfect. Depending on the sieve type as well, if the overtailings are not frequently checked (i.e. what's taken out), you can get the contamination feeding back into the flour as well as not being aware that there is an issue earlier in the process so I think it is a CCP IMHO.

Dear GMO,

You've obviously spent a substantial time down (up?) at t'mill. :smile: Must admit I've only seen them from a distance.
I can accept your above comments no problem (found the google explanation of overtailings somewhat confusing :smile: ) but my understanding is that the relevant hazard under discussion is contamination due to a broken sieve and i still have the impression that the systems in place very rarely fail >> LxM as per my previous post. ? In the situation with multiple redundancies included, the risk is presumably far smaller. Maybe people are falling back on the LxS = significant hazard. This can yield a feast of CCPs of course. :dunno:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - Maybe this link slightly qualitatively supports yr case for a CCP :unsure:

http://en.engormix.c...1551/800-p0.htm

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users