• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,918 posts
  • 738 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

http://www.foodmanuf...ewsletter+Daily

Is this really what David means... "documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" DOCUMENTATION???? Wtf? So now do I have to ask them for a menu in advance...?

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 225 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

http://www.foodmanuf...sletter%2BDaily

Is this really what David means... "documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" DOCUMENTATION???? Wtf? So now do I have to ask them for a menu in advance...?

I am totally agree with Marc Browne, one of the comment makers. BRC has become a joke. Standard's developers should make their developments more simple and easy with more emphasis on the core basics of food safety and quality.

This is not a single case. The BRC standard has some other ridiculous things like using of plasters (for cut and grazes) with metallic strips, and checking them at the time of receiving with metal detectors. Even a child could guess that it is practically nonsense especially for small and medium sized manufacturers.

IMO, mostly all standard developers always want to make their developments as "masterpieces" without considering the practical aspects and ground realities.

Regards:

M.Zeeshan.

Thanked by 1 Member:

maurocon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

IMO the need of “documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" is just an interpretation of Mr. Ron Rigby. “Documented procedures… to ensure the effective management of allergens” that include …“restriction on food brought onto site by the staff” does not mean to ask the food workers what they eat during the break. On the contrary could be useful to avoid that such foods enter the production site, to write it in the hygienic regulation of the company and, possibly, to monitor (and verify) the staff behaviour.

mauro

Thanked by 1 Member:

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,918 posts
  • 738 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well it's documented in our training and I've put it into my monthly audit as well.

I just think BRC are moving away from the pragmatic approach they had before. There was a lot of criticism of issue 5 that it was 'risk assess' everything but I'm realising now how sensible that was! At least then it could be adaptable for smaller businesses.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,856 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

IMO the need of “documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" is just an interpretation of Mr. Ron Rigby. “Documented procedures… to ensure the effective management of allergens” that include …“restriction on food brought onto site by the staff” does not mean to ask the food workers what they eat during the break. On the contrary could be useful to avoid that such foods enter the production site, to write it in the hygienic regulation of the company and, possibly, to monitor (and verify) the staff behaviour.

mauro

Well said Mauro, I agree and read it as having some rules, education and monitoring of foodstuffs in place.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users