• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi All,

I've already posted a couple of times in the forum since joining a few weeks ago . . should have introduced myself first! Mea Culpa :oops:

I'm Gloria . . and I started out life as an EHO in UK local government a good few years ago . . then moved on to the private sector as a Consultant in the mid 1990's . . and was lucky enough to have been flown all over the world doing food safety and public health stuff for a wide variety of clients including hotel/travel companies, cruise, food manufacturing, airline catering, infectious disease control, etc. . . and then went back into local government as a consultant in food safety, port health, health and safety, quality management and . . well all sorts of things! With the coming of the hard financial times and cuts to local government budgets in the UK, this sort of work became hard to get and eventually I kinda packed it all in to do something completely different (I'm a warm glass artist - started as a hobby and went on to making bigger glass art items) and . . lo and behold . . 2 years later I'm getting roped back in to do food safety and quality management for a local food manufacturer! :o

Soooo . . discovering IFSQN was an absolute blessing . . and it is certainly allowing me to update myself and get back into the swing of things pretty darn quickly.

Anyway . . nuff said for now . . I'm looking forward to participating in the forum.

Regards

Gloria

mile

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi

This is the right place for u gloriaeho, so start sharing u experice

Have a great day

Ahmed

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Dear Gloria,

Thank you for the fascinating CV !. :biggrin:

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Funnily enough, i had always mentally associated the title EHO with the old catchphrase (G&S I suspect) "A policeman's lot is not a happy one". You have just corrected my misconception. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Welcome to the forum!

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hello Gloria, welcome to the forums and thanks for taking the time to say hello.

:welcome:

Enjoy your stay!

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

gloriaeho

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far :mwah:

Charles . . I can't speak for everyone . . but my "lot" as an EHO/Public Health professional has been a pretty happy for the most part . . and has given me plenty of stories to tell as well :thumbup: . . but probably more by good luck than anything else.

I shall do my best to contribute in the forum . . tho I'm pretty sure its not really an even bargain!

Gloria

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users