• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi,

My name is André and i´m from Portugal. I work as a consultant in FSMS, and my question is if you ever had considered to have your software in other laguages (like portuguese or espanish). I work in a internacional consultant company, and we are in many contries, like Spain, Portugal, all Latin-America (includind brazil) and preparing to enter in Africa, and i was thinking if there is a chance in a partnership.

Best regards.

André Santos

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi André,

Thanks for your question.

Have you ever considered to have your software in other languages?

Have we what?! :smile: This subject arises almost daily nowadays as our software is being used in 50+ countries around the world, with very strong interest from Latin America.

We’ve managed to get by with an English only version to date, however it is only a matter of time before we will succumb to market forces and localise the software in other languages.

I can’t give you an exact timeline on this but I can tell you that it has already been decided that Spanish will be our first translation. Followed closely by Arabic.

Just as an FYI, localising software is not as straight forward as you might think. Aside from the technical and operational hurdles which are significant, there is also the issue of support and having the necessary personnel to support customers who will no doubt need to engage with us in their language of choice. So it’s not something we can simply roll out overnight.

Regarding a partnership we will follow up with you directly on that.

Thanks again.

Philip.

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hi André,

I realize how old this topic is(!) but just to let you, and anyone else who may be interested to know that Safefood 360 is now available in 6 world languages

1. English (US & British)  :king:
  2. Spanish (Mexicano)  :clap:
  3. German  :beer:
  4. Portuguese (Brazilian)  :happydance:
  5. French (Canadian & French)  :gitane:
  6. Chinese (Standard/Mandarin)  :gleam:

Forgive the smiley stereotypes, I just couldn't resist myself.

More languages will be added as demand dictates.

Philip.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users