• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hi all,

This is my first post. We manufacture sugar confectionery like fruit chews, Eclairs, hard candy etc. In Fruit chews manufacturing process we use a paste (made with Food grade wax, Corn Starch & Palm oil) to avoid the product to stick to the cooling table. As per HACCP standards, is it allowed or any other best way to deal with this problem?

Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks
Phani Krishna

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi all,

This is my first post. We manufacture sugar confectionery like fruit chews, Eclairs, hard candy etc. In Fruit chews manufacturing process we use a paste (made with Food grade wax, Corn Starch & Palm oil) to avoid the product to stick to the cooling table. As per HACCP standards, is it allowed or any other best way to deal with this problem?

Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks
Phani Krishna

I don't see why that wouldn't be allowed? It's all food safe?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Dear phani,

Not my product area but, as per GMO's reply, a generic textbook answer to yr question is that applying HACCP would require you to analyse any (individual / cumulative) risk resulting from the interaction between the “paste” and yr input material as far as the health of the final product’s consumer is involved.
This would require some (safety) knowledge of the permitted BCPA composition of your finished product and all the related ingredients (eg the specifications of these items) and (possibly) other processing aspects like degree of pickup.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

bibi

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Dear phani,

Not my product area but, as per GMO's reply, a generic textbook answer to yr question is that applying HACCP would require you to analyse any (individual / cumulative) risk resulting from the interaction between the “paste” and yr input material as far as the health of the final product’s consumer is involved.
This would require some (safety) knowledge of the permitted BCPA composition of your finished product and all the related ingredients (eg the specifications of these items) and (possibly) other processing aspects like degree of pickup.

Rgds / Charles.C

HI PHANI

what are your ccps cooking, cooling in table?
do you have other parameters for control?
bibi

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users