• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Good day

In our company we handle color coding to separate our cleaning supplies. In this case, yellow is for the bathrooms and dining area for employees. And my question is, if i do not want this material to come into contact with any other material, is it safe storing yellow material in this area (bathrooms/dining room)?
We also use green material for cleaning cool rooms and boxes of trailers, this material is stored together, from my point of view this does not involve cross-contamination, but an expert opinion would help us a lot.

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Good day

In our company we handle color coding to separate our cleaning supplies. In this case, yellow is for the bathrooms and dining area for employees. And my question is, if i do not want this material to come into contact with any other material, is it safe storing yellow material in this area (bathrooms/dining room)?
We also use green material for cleaning cool rooms and boxes of trailers, this material is stored together, from my point of view this does not involve cross-contamination, but an expert opinion would help us a lot.

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Dear Raul,

Not sure what you mean by "supplies"?. May also depend on yr (food?) business and related standard (if any).

If you are referring to chemicals, assuming no specific individual requirements (eg highly toxic), normally stored in an isolated unit(s) with (at a minimum) internal/physical separation between food compatible items (eg food grade ingredients) and otherwise (eg floor cleaner).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

ianz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Good day

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Dear Raul,

Greetings!

I think you are referring to cleaning implements which were color coded. Am I right?

If you do not want this material(s) to come into contact with other material(s), the best way is to provide dedicated storage for each color coded cleaning implements. Best if you provided it with lock to limit access to authorized personnel only. In this case, potential cross-contamination may be prevented.

In our company (Food Manufacturing), we also ensure, cleaners are well-trained for proper cleaning implements use.

Just have a comment, you had discussed above that cleaning supplies for bathroom and dining room was yellow. I think you should review this as dining room is where our employees ate their meal while bathroom is where our employees took their bath (urinate? or even pee? - if not separated).

My thoughts!

Regards,

IANZ

Thanked by 1 Member:

Raul8

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

For supplies I mean brooms, mops, and Equipment Used to cleaning. I do not mean chemical products.

So do you believe is adequate to store cleaning equipment in the dining rooms or bathrooms?

Thanks in advance, Best regards

ianz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

For supplies I mean brooms, mops, and Equipment Used to cleaning. I do not mean chemical products.

So do you believe is adequate to store cleaning equipment in the dining rooms or bathrooms?

Thanks in advance, Best regards

Dear Raul,

It's okay to store those cleaning equipments in the bathroom or dining room if you have dedicated storage for those (preferably equipped with lock to limit access to authorized user only). Additional things to consider:
  • Always return cleaning equipment(s) to their dedicated storage after each use.
  • Before returning the cleaning equipment(s) to the storage, make sure cleaners washed and rinsed it well, and sanitized before storing.
  • Ensure user(s)/ cleaner(s) are well-trained to do their task and follow protocol religiously.
For Dining:
  • Keep cleaning equipment storage far enough from food area.
But again, I reiterate and suggest, please review use of the same color-coded of cleaning equipments for dining vs. bathroom.

My thoughts.

Regards,

IANZ

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hi Raul,

You should store cleaning equipment ina dedicated storage area. I hope this answers your question.

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

rosalind

Grade - Active

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:drawing

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Good day

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Well, Creating a cleaning kits is also good option for storing cleaning supplies. Also ensure that store cleaning equipments in a such area that pets and children will not able to reach.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users