Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

:helpplease:You could help me, please, with an example of the procedure to be followed for the 2.3 Specification and Product development. Or something which me Orient in the development of how to document and validate this point.

:giggle: I hope that I do not find out, I am really confused! :whistle:

Gracias and Tks. :bye:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Can anyone provide Norma with some insight into his clause.

Much appreciated.
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 2 Members:

jenky

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 37 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

2.3 Specification and Product Development section requires that you have a process in place for the development of new products. Essentially, you need to document your R&D process, e.g. the procedure for formulating for new products or changes to existing products from concept to commercialization. You will also need to address how specification criteria are arrived at (to show they are not plucked out of thin air, but based on trials, tests, etc.). Impacts to your food safety plan will need to be reflected when a new product is added or a product is change, like a HACCP reassessment.

Shelf life -- you will need to do shelf life trials to validate your products' storage, shelf life, stability, and consumer handling. If you determine shelf life testing is not necessary (i.e. you have previous data from a similar product), then you will need to document the justification for that decision with supporting evidence.

Like everything in SQF, you must keep records of all of this and show approvals on product design, processes, shelf life trials, etc.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users