the hygiene package of the EU covers the whole food chain - from farm to fork. There are some excemptions for primary production, but as long as you are a "food business operator" transport is covered.
That tansport is included see http://europa.eu/leg...e/f84001_en.htm
citation from this source:
In addition, food business operators carrying out activities other than primary production shall comply with the general hygiene provisions of Annex II.
This Annex sets out the hygiene requirements for:
The HACCP system
- food premises, including outside areas and sites;
- transport conditions;
- food waste;
- water supply;
- personal hygiene of persons in contact with food;
- wrapping and packaging;
- heat treatment, which may be used to process certain foodstuffs;
- training of food workers.
Food business operators (other than at the level of primary production) shall apply the principles of the system of hazard analysis and critical control points
) introduced by the Codex Alimentarius (code of international food standards drawn up by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation).
These principles prescribe a certain number of requirements to be met throughout the cycle of production, processing and distribution in order to permit, via hazard analysis, identification of the critical points which need to be kept under control in order to guarantee food safety:
- identify any hazards that must be prevented, eliminated or reduced to acceptable levels;
- identify the critical control points at the step or steps at which control is essential;
- establish critical limits beyond which intervention is necessary;
- establish and implement effective monitoring procedures at critical control points;
- establish corrective actions when monitoring indicates that a critical control point is not under control;
- implement own-check procedures to verify whether the measures adopted are working effectively;
- keep records to demonstrate the effective application of these measures and to facilitate official controls by the competent authority.
Can somebody confirm is HACCP a legal requirement for transporting food to the customer as I have never heard of this before.
If so where can I get this standard/leglislation?
If not, brill no need to worry