Suppose that you are a third party auditor and during audit when you visit the facility store, you find a container of pesticide with no label.
Now how would you rate this situation. There is a long discussion going on this situation at our plant between Food safety coordinator and internal auditor. I want to settle it down. Please give your rating as per following standards:
- Store has pasted its own part/inventory number on the container and has its name in inventory.
- Word pesticide is embossed on the container.
- Rack where pesticide is stored is for general items and non food chemicals.
- Area where this rack was placed was locked at its entry. Store main entry door is away and separate from this door.
- Facility has its own pest control supervisor but IPM services are contracted from a third party.
Non-conformance under BRC 4.13.2 "dedicated locked facilities are used for the storage of pesticides"
Non-conformance under BRC 22.214.171.124 "the labelling and/or identification of containers of chemicals at all times"
Non-conformance under AIB 126.96.36.199 "Pesticide containers and application equipment are labeled to identify contents."
If you do not have a warning sign on the room where the pesticides are stored, then it's a non-conformance under AIB 188.8.131.52
"Warning signs are posted at the entrance of each pesticide storage area."