skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Grilling, Sports, & Continual Education!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I was able to reference some SOP's from our Quality Management System rather than re-writing them for our Food Safety Mnagement System.(ex. Line Clearance) As I begin to create a food safety manual, do I need to document them or is simply referencing them sufficient? Do I need to document the same procedure in both manuals? Thanks

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,407 posts
  • 998 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

I was able to reference some SOP's from our Quality Management System rather than re-writing them for our Food Safety Mnagement System.(ex. Line Clearance) As I begin to create a food safety manual, do I need to document them or is simply referencing them sufficient? Do I need to document the same procedure in both manuals? Thanks

I would just reference them.

Ideally, I would have a HTML version of the food safety manual with links to the actual SOP's, policies, etc. Makes it easy for the auditor to just click through to the content of interest.

Marshall

Edited by mgourley, 03 December 2012 - 11:13 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

TheDude

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Ideally, I would have a HTML version of the food safety manual with links to the actual SOP's, policies, etc. Makes it easy for the auditor to just click through to the content of interest.

Has anyone used this approach? If so, does it effect document control?

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I use PDF. I create the doc on my personal drive then when I'm ready for it to "go live" I convert it to PDF (so it can't be edited) and move ito the shared drive of our network. It's been sucessful with the 2 audits we've had so far.

Thanked by 1 Member:

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

What I do is , although I have a hard copy that can be read, I also have a computerised copy, and I hyperlink the reference to the document. So, you click on the hyperlink, and it opens the new document up..

All computerised documents have a "uncontrolled if printed" watermark, and are read only.

Caz x

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users