Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Does anyone have an experience with or knowledge of using ozonated water as a bottle/container sanitizer prior to adding product?

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 326 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Some limited experience. It works. An effective method of disinfection that is widely used. In addition to the positive effects of the treatment there may also be undesirable production of substances such as bromide depending on the source and other compounds. You may need to control these depending on local legislation. It is a perfectly fine method as long as it is controlled. There is plenty of information available on the subject if you care for a little digging...

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 326 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Sorry member, I miss read your question. You ask about using ozonated water to sanitise the bottle. No exerience here. I'm limited to UV, filtered, treated water and peracetic acid. the bromide risk may still need to be considered,

SLadd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Thank you George, we currently use peracetic acid for the bottle sanitation and are familiar with ozone as a water sanitization step (and it's challenges). I was just poking around outside the box in search of something a little less expensive and easier on the environment than peracetic acid. I know places use ozone to sanitize but I'm not clear on the whether that means ozone itself or ozonated water.

Rizwan Ali

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

I think most of people use ozonated water. I have never heard direct ozone application.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users