• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi All

I am new to this forum, and I have a lot of question that I would like to ask, pick your brains. But I dont know how.
I was part of similar portal where notification of reply to my questions came to my email inbox, so I knew right away who said what and when.

I have posted a question long ago, but no notification showed up on my email, so obviously this system works differently.

Could someone please give me a little tutorial.

thank you
Monia

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hi All

I am new to this forum, and I have a lot of question that I would like to ask, pick your brains. But I dont know how.
I was part of similar portal where notification of reply to my questions came to my email inbox, so I knew right away who said what and when.

I have posted a question long ago, but no notification showed up on my email, so obviously this system works differently.

thank you
Monia

Dear Monia,

Following are the two screens for your starting point. The first screen is the forum's main page. The red marked area have links to the separate forums where you find help about how to get information on different forums, how to ask questions, how to get notifications etc. Even you can ask your specific and unique questions there. Simon is a very cooperative, helpful, polite and smart guy to answer your every query related to the forum's administration. Even he takes action to air your topic again in case of 'Not responding' situations as you are facing. Probably he has missed your question due to posting in the wrong forum - IMO.

The second screen will help you, hopefully, to get to the solution of your specific question. It has two options. The link 'View new contents' leads to the links to all the new contents posted on any forum since your last logout. Also, there is a specific button with each topic. If you need to get notification about any of your posted topic, press the button 'Watch Topic' after posting your topic and choose the appropriate option there.

Attached File  1.JPG   99KB   6 downloads

Attached File  2.JPG   52.58KB   6 downloads

I advice you to re-post your question.

Regards.
Muhammad Zeeshan Zaki.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hi All

thank you
Monia

Dear moncia,

I expect your previous thread was this -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ew-to-fssc22000

The posted replies asked for further input from you. i expect other posters assumed that yr lack of response suggested that you were no longer interested in yr OP.

If your current query is - how to receive email notification in case of replies, i think this is possible depending on how you set up your profile as detailed in the help page, ie >

http://www.ifsqn.com...ore&module=help
(obtained by clicking the "help" icon at top right hand of most pages.)

then scroll down to "Email Notification of new messages". various sub-options are available.
(above should eventually go to same place as Zeeshan's advice :thumbup: )

I hv never tried it but one way to test the app is probably to post a "test" reply to yourself and then delete the test post after getting/not getting an email :smile: . If you find it doesn't work, can post the problem in this thread and the expert here (ADMIN) will no doubt advise.

Hope this helps.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I saw this request for help the other day and I was just getting around to doing it. You guys saved me a job.
Thanks Zeeshan and Charles, much appreciated.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users