"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Passed my SQF Practitioner exam after my class last week time to get down and dirty with the code :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

imadoughguy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Building Redemptive Relationships, Self Improvement, Cars, Fishing, Home Improvement, Serving Others and Seeing Positively Impacted People in my Wake. :-)

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Congradulations Merle.

What software you using to create all the documents and policies etc...?

I'm looking at purchasing IFSQN SQF Code Food Safety Quality Management System.

Phil

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thank you Phil,

We are going old school with our documentation. We are using templates from my manager in Microsoft word for policies and procedures. Forms are being made how they are needed.

I'm keeping a binder of the documents and we are saving a copy, password protected, on a share drive for viewing only (printing).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Well done Merle, make sure you allow yourself a little celebration.

Posted Image

Regards,
Simon

By the way the Imadoughguy the IFSQN SQF Code Food Safety Quality Management System is not software it's a documentation package of procedures, templates, training presentations etc. (a complete food safety management system), which are all supplied in Microsoft Office applications, so that you can edit and adapt them for your business. You sent an email earlier and I have asked Tony Connor our technical guy to respond to you with more details.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

azaam nafiz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 56 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Passed my SQF Practitioner exam after my class last week time to get down and dirty with the code :)

congrads MerleW !!!

:thumbup:

JAJ

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Congratulations Merle. I should have taken it right after my training but I wanted to thoroughly study the code first. How difficult was the exam?

john123

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 31 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Congrats! I just passed a HACCP Certification which ties quite nicely into the SQF Practitioner Certification I acheived back in Dec. (Obviously I wasn't able to act as a practitioner, but our company felt having three of us pass the standard was a worthy step)

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Congratulations Merle. I should have taken it right after my training but I wanted to thoroughly study the code first. How difficult was the exam?

It wasn't terribly hard it is open book of course. However the problem is remembering where everything is in the code to make sure you have the time you need to pass. Tab out things like the different categories and corresponding modules (pg 19/20), Grading system (pg 27), Module 2 (36), Food Sector risk level (143), Glossary (149), and Shield/Shield use (144/5). It might also help to have the index of module 2 handy plus your part for pre or post farm gate. A good portion of my questions came form module 11. Some things I looked up I missed which really confused me but I got a 90 and I'm not the kind of person to kick myself for a score that is passing.

Review your notes if you have any, be comfortable with where things are in the code. And go for it. You get 3 chances. If you fail once use that as your learning experience for how it works. You should be fine!

Mr. Incognito

Thanked by 1 Member:
JAJ

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Congrats! I just passed a HACCP Certification which ties quite nicely into the SQF Practitioner Certification I acheived back in Dec. (Obviously I wasn't able to act as a practitioner, but our company felt having three of us pass the standard was a worthy step)

Thanks everyone and Congratulations John on your achievement also. Everyone who gets qualified/certified in these makes the food chain safer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Mr. Incognito

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users