• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Good morning,

I have one of my customers who is complaining that the packaging of the product is damaged by transportation, and now is asking us to send him the labels for repackaging . I didn’t find in my research anything about this subject and this is the first time it happens to us. In my understanding, all the labels should be done in the production plant than we can guarantee the safety of our product. for you information this customer is a distributor. what should I do in this case ??:dunno:

thank you for you help :helpplease:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Good morning,

I have one of my customers who is complaining that the packaging of the product is damaged by transportation, and now is asking us to send him the labels for repackaging . I didn’t find in my research anything about this subject and this is the first time it happens to us. In my understanding, all the labels should be done in the production plant than we can guarantee the safety of our product. for you information this customer is a distributor. what should I do in this case ??:dunno:

thank you for you help :helpplease:

Dear LBS,

Regarding general product distribution, my experience outside Canada has been that any random change in labelling by anybody (including replacement) of a finished product renders the item (and possibly related lot) capable of being seized / rejected by authorities, especially if in retail domain. There are obviously many reasons why such action could be justified eg food safety, fraud etc.

There is some general discussion on the IT regarding food “relabelling”. Potential minefields are illustrated, eg for EC -
http://www.ukbusines...ad.php?t=181092

I don’t know if it’s generally applicable internally also but I noticed this fairly explicit Canadian procedural requirement for one category of (imported) food products –

http://www.inspectio...1335878112465?0
(eg sec. 16.1.2 [3rd paragraph])

It would appear that some precautionary discussion with yr receiver is advisable.

Canadian posters may well have more specific knowledge ?.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - the kind of incident you describe typically has insurance implications also.?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

LBS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thank you Charles fo these information.