• Corporate Sponsor
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Food Grade Lubricants

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Amongst the recent food scares, it may be interesting to see what suppliers into the food production/processing industry are doing in order to improve the the situation. It can be more stringent measures in identifying food ingredients or advancements in metal detectable plastic parts on aerosols used on site for example.

What have you noticed changing in recent months? Is there anything further that can be done within the production environment? Discuss!

john123

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 31 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think we all can improve our production environment by reducing possible contamination factors. Tying my answer into the thread topic of metal detectable aerosol caps, why worry about them being detectable when we can focus on removing them entirely? If we're monitoring our chemical usage in the first place, it wouldn't be that difficult to ensure the cap stays inside the chemical storage area when the aerosol is taken out onto the floor.

One recall I noticed last week was for 30k pounds of sausage due to the risk of a latex glove being shredded and contaminating the product. Obviously pieces of plastic or latex in your product is a problem, but I hadn't considered what ingesting latex might do to someone with a latex allergy and that recall suddenly seemed that much worse. I printed the article for our bulletin board and we discussed the need to be aware of all FM contamination, including gloves, and the need to report issues immediately.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users