• Quick Navigation
Photo

Hire pest control services or DIY pest control methods?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

crownjohnsons

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Thank you for the document.

In our company, we have a problem regarding pest control. We have the pest and Rodent control system in place.

For pests- Cyfluthrin 0.05% every week sprayed and we have insect screens on windows, strip curtains and air curtains on doors. We check the trend with flycathers

For Rodents- Rat n box outside the production unit with bromodiolon cakes checked every 2 days. Glue pads in stores inside checked every 2 days

But still we cant control the pests and rodents. Rats are still inside the production unit.

Trend analysis shows good reduction in the number of pests but we still can find flies and ants inside the production unit. What can be the solution for this problem? Can we spray pesticides often or change the pesticide used?

Thank you for helping me

hello guys pests are giving tough times to m family. I really want to get rid of this pest problem in coming weekend. So please help me. Bed bugs, cockroaches and mites are freely moving around in my home. Should I hire pest control services or there are good DIY pest control methods? Please help guys

azaam nafiz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 56 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thank you for the document.

In our company, we have a problem regarding pest control. We have the pest and Rodent control system in place.

For pests- Cyfluthrin 0.05% every week sprayed and we have insect screens on windows, strip curtains and air curtains on doors. We check the trend with flycathers

For Rodents- Rat n box outside the production unit with bromodiolon cakes checked every 2 days. Glue pads in stores inside checked every 2 days

But still we cant control the pests and rodents. Rats are still inside the production unit.

Trend analysis shows good reduction in the number of pests but we still can find flies and ants inside the production unit. What can be the solution for this problem? Can we spray pesticides often or change the pesticide used?

Thank you for helping me

Hi Pragash,

i think better to start with an identification on the root cause,especially the breeding grounds of the insects within your factory vicinity. Then start pest controlling from the breeding grounds. Also if you are spraying the same chemical weekly basis, then there is a possibility of insects to get adapt to ( development of resistant strains) the chemical. Further if you are applying the pesticide out-doors better to concern on the application time and the climate.
You have said that rats have been observed within the production premises. so if you having an internal pest sighting program then you can try changing the bait station positioning.

abhagat

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Pragash,

To address the subject of your post 'Hire pest control services or DIY pest control methods?'; I would suggest hire pest control service right away. I am basing my opinion on your sightings - rats, flies and ants. You may DIY at a later stage but for a food forum this is a sign of 'red alert'.

Thank you.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies