Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 51 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm trying to take the advice of a member to make work station instructions. I know it is mentioned in the SQF code to have documented instructions, but is a small laminated poster sufficient at the work stations (besides the official SOP)?

It's frustrating to see these abbreviations in the code (WI) and then they don't explain exactly what those are or what is acceptable. Well, that's SQF for you.

Anyway, does anyone have a basic template they would be willing to share or what type of info they are looking for? GMPs, etc, or spell out what the stations do? This can be difficult because the stations move around based on space or work for the day.

Thanks

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm trying to take the advice of a member to make work station instructions. I know it is mentioned in the SQF code to have documented instructions, but is a small laminated poster sufficient at the work stations (besides the official SOP)?

It's frustrating to see these abbreviations in the code (WI) and then they don't explain exactly what those are or what is acceptable. Well, that's SQF for you.

Anyway, does anyone have a basic template they would be willing to share or what type of info they are looking for? GMPs, etc, or spell out what the stations do? This can be difficult because the stations move around based on space or work for the day.

Thanks

Hi Destinee,

You should do what works best for your organization. Provided you have controlled authorized documents that your employees understand (given that requirements for training and competency are met) then there should be no problem.

I like to use photos where they would be useful - see this example here http://www.ifsqn.com...ning-procedure/

Regards,

Tony

Urban Explorer

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 51 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Thanks Tony,

We love pictures here. Sometimes that's the only way to communicate!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users