• Quick Navigation
Photo

Inverted Sugar Syrup as an additional ingredient.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

wijit

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Good day all.
In our process for one product we include partially inverted sugar syrup, my question is simply in terms of our decalrations would we be required to do a clean of our in gredient tanks before starting a recipe which does not include the sugar syrup?

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Good day all.
In our process for one product we include partially inverted sugar syrup, my question is simply in terms of our decalrations would we be required to do a clean of our in gredient tanks before starting a recipe which does not include the sugar syrup?

yes... because your product can contaminate with invert sugar, and that can decrease your quality products...

rgds

AS Nur

wijit

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Pretty much as I suspected. Thank you very much for the prompt reply, just need to convince the ivory tower mob now!

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

:thumbup:

imadoughguy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Building Redemptive Relationships, Self Improvement, Cars, Fishing, Home Improvement, Serving Others and Seeing Positively Impacted People in my Wake. :-)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Good day all.
In our process for one product we include partially inverted sugar syrup, my question is simply in terms of our declarations would we be required to do a clean of our in gredient tanks before starting a recipe which does not include the sugar syrup?

Invert syrup is just sugar... is the next product you are running not containing sugar? How much invert syrup are you expecting to remain in the tank? I don't see the need for a clean out if the next product contains sugar and if you are just talking about residue from the prior product.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Bojan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Croatia
    Croatia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Invert syrup is just sugar... is the next product you are running not containing sugar? How much invert syrup are you expecting to remain in the tank? I don't see the need for a clean out if the next product contains sugar and if you are just talking about residue from the prior product.

I second that.
We dont clean between batches which include invert sugar and regular sugar.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users