• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi, can anyone help please?

I have inherited a traceability form for tracing material from a supplier to a customer and vice versa on the same form. It needs inproving but I'm struggling to know exactly what info I need to put. Does anyone have one for a similar activity please?

mesophile

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 142 thanks
Good

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Twitter @DSi77

Chartered Scientist (CSci)
    Member of IFST (MIFST)
    Avid guitar player, dog walker and fitness trainer.
    I love reading, and learning about new fields in food science and technology.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hi,

This is difficult to answer exactly as it really depends on what paperwork used throughout the entire production process, as you will need copies of pretty much all of this.

I have used this attachment in the past, however it may need modifying for your needs.

Thanks

Simon

Attached Files

Edited by mesophile, 07 May 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Thanked by 2 Members:

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

I usually start with the Flow Diagram and collect the records arising from it, that should cover everything. Simon's document is good I am taking it in to show the folks see if they'd like to use it.

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi,

This is difficult to answer exactly as it really depends on what paperwork used throughout the entire production process, as you will need copies of pretty much all of this.

I have used this attachment in the past, however it may need modifying for your needs.

Thanks

Simon

I think Simon's document is excellent if you wanted to do a validation on the product, taking the traceability into account. I'm going to add a few of the points on there to my product validation (as opposed to process validation)

For a traceability of a product through the plant, i don't think you need to attach HACCP or suppliers Non-conformances. Carry out a traceability, and make a record of all the document (numbers) that you collate. Include everything from incoming goods, to air plates etc. then just record the document numbers on a spreadsheet. Then when you do the next one, add the date of the document along site the reference number, print off , and this is your front sheet. Obviously you can make it look as pretty as you like, but don't forget to control it!

When i do a traceability, i scan all of the documents in, so if i need to send to a customer, i already have. i also save the front sheet in this file too.

As an aside, i also record WHY i'm doing a traceability ( Providence of a product /  PDO / PGI / TSG )

Caz x

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users