Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hi everyone - Food Packaging Supplier looking at SQF level 1 - Ok we're sure they are washing their hands through observation(have no idea about in the restrooms) Do we need to have some sort of record such as an audit that we are monitoring compliance to our hand washing GMP? Our thoughts are that Restrooms appear to be out of bounds for that sort of thing however,we do have designated hand-washing sinks - Any Ideas?

Thanks

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

We have a checklist that our QA fills out a minimum of once a shift. It is a snapshot of a specific time of day. On that is whether the QA witnesses handwashing when people enter the production room.

Setanta

Attached Files

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

HARPC

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hi everyone - Food Packaging Supplier looking at SQF level 1 - Ok we're sure they are washing their hands through observation(have no idea about in the restrooms) Do we need to have some sort of record such as an audit that we are monitoring compliance to our hand washing GMP? Our thoughts are that Restrooms appear to be out of bounds for that sort of thing however,we do have designated hand-washing sinks - Any Ideas?

Thanks

Hello Tony Z,
For record, yes. You will need to document your observation or inspection. Setanta's QA checklist is good. As for the restrooms, don't think you can observe people, but having hand washing signs will greatly help. Please ask any further question you may have.

Regards,
Bill

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

We have a checklist that our QA fills out a minimum of once a shift. It is a snapshot of a specific time of day. On that is whether the QA witnesses handwashing when people enter the production room.

Setanta

Dear Setanta,

Thks for document.

Out of curiosity. 100% compliance always ?

I have always admired the "every person, washing system plays a tune" method though I suspect it's vulnerable to hacking.

We used to use a retired Sergeant-Major standing beside the line to be the most-disliked-person-in-the-factory. He absolutely loved it.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SpursGirl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 117 posts
  • 83 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi

I also perform hand swabs as a verification of hand washing compliance - I swab the hands of people who have just washed their hands and test for TVC (Or ACC depending on which country you are in) and ents. The results are recorded on my micro spreedsheets. And for the purposes of annonymity at the lab I record by clock card number rather than by the persons name.

I do this on a random monthly basis as well as the observational GMP checks.

S

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Setanta

We have a GMP checklist filled in 3 times daily

Caz x

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Dear Setanta,

Thks for document.

Out of curiosity. 100% compliance always ?

I have always admired the "every person, washing system plays a tune" method though I suspect it's vulnerable to hacking.

We used to use a retired Sergeant-Major standing beside the line to be the most-disliked-person-in-the-factory. He absolutely loved it.

Rgds / Charles.C

Compliance is usually 96 to 100%. Our folks break in groups, going in and coming out together, so at that snapshot, it is pretty consistant. We do have some groups, (not to beat up on groups) maintenance, warehouse that do get reminded on occasion. :rolleyes:

-Setanta         

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

Thanks

Training combined with GMP hygiene audits are great. Your restrooms are not out of bounds. Curious why only Level I for SQF and not SQF Code Level II?

Glenn Oster

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Tony Z

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Training combined with GMP hygiene audits are great. Your restrooms are not out of bounds. Curious why only Level I for SQF and not SQF Code Level II?

Glenn Oster

Hi Glenn - yes SQF Code 7 Level 1 - ease of typing negated the code 7 from my post

eddief
  • Inactive User
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

setanta,

thanks for that

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic