Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

How audit integrity and certification underpins global food safety
Cor Groenveld, Global Head of Food Supply Chain Services, LRQA.

Food safety is not a competitive issue; it is in the interests of stakeholders across the global food supply chain to work together to ensure that consumers are confident that food is safe to eat and has been produced in a sustainable manner. The globalisation of supply chains and the need for transparency and traceability has triggered changes in the way in which food safety is approached. Over the last decade there has been a collaborative approach across the major stakeholders resulting in best practice being highlighted and shared, mediocrity being more easily identified and excellence more readily rewarded. In this session, LRQA’s Cor Groenveld, will demonstrate how a management systems-based approach to food safety, combining harmonised global standards and consistent, robust assessment underpinned with the highest level of auditing, is leading to increased consumer confidence in the global food supply chain.

If you have a question related to this presentation please post it below.

<<Link to the Webinar recording>>

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,822 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the presentation Cor. :clap:

Some great learning points and lot's of questions and comments:

• Sorry for questioning your statement about FSSC 22000, but BRC and IFS together are about 32,000 certificates issued globally. How many are with FSSC 22000? I don't believe the Global manufacturers choose FSSC 22000...Again, sorry for questioning, but BRC/IFS/SQF are Management Certification Systems with focus in product and process. Why you said that only FSSC 22000?
  • 13 years of the foundation of GFSi, where do we actually stand with the actual vision/mission of bringing the world together in terms of food safety management systems? With so many standards being recognized by the GFSi as world-class standards, isn't it leading to duplication of some kind in some manner? Dutch HACCP used to be GFSi recognized but they opted out voluntarily out of the GFSi circle... Today also, if I want to supply to a major vendor from India to UK, I need to get BRC certification and if I'm looking to export to the USA (from the same unit, the same products), they ask for SQF 2000. Why? Both of them (BRC and SQF) are GFSi recognized, then why the duplication?
  • Is it enough if you have iso 22000 for food safety, without process certification?
  • How do you ensure that your auditors are updated with Product Specific knowledge?
  • Is 3rd party is independent body? Is they available around the world? Who make audit for the 3rd party body?
  • How do you ensure that your auditors are updated with Product Specific knowledge?
  • Which are the principal evidences of effectiveness do you accept for a HACCP system?
  • Thank you for the great presentation.
  • With all the respect, sorry Simon, but this presentation was about promoting FSSC 22000, not about Audit Integrity (just one slide!) and how certifications underpins global food safety. I didn't liked at all! Completely out of the subject… I recognize LRQA as a good CB, but this was more like a commercial presentation.
  • Hello MR. Groenveld, My main concern about ISO 22000 is the concept of “OPRP” or the auditor itself. Once, it happened to me, during a combine audit, IFS+ISO 22000, the auditor was not able to see that the “quality controls implemented” were the ones under the title “OPRP”, because they were not under the title “OPRP” in our documented manual. What is your opinion about this? Has this been addressed? In my opinion, the concept of OPRP do not add value to safety if the competence of the auditor is adequate and right-
  • Had a questions concerning GFSI and regulatory alignment
  • Is ISO-22000 going to replace HACCP across the board
  • What are the best risk assessment techniques?
  • Training auditors will be a major task
  • Do you see regulatory bodies alignment with GFSI in the future?
  • How can we enhance the sense of social mission to the industry of third party audits of food safety and quality?? Vassilis Greece
  • Is it applicable to say that ISO 22000 is combination of HACCP & GMP's and Iso 9001:2000?
  • Is food security a part of food safety system? How can we differentiate?
  • Is FSSC applicable to only manufacturing sectors or can hotel be certified to FSSC
  • Thinking in harmonization, several businesses are still receiving many customer audits especially in North America, What is your recommendation to ensure customers accept GFSI instead of their own audits (second party audits) thanks.
  • When it is expected is going to be review ISO 22000?
  • Harmonization or Food Safety Culture is the as a key issue? If you have a good culture the rule is not a key issue
  • you have spoken about the improvements made in ISO 22000 that has given it a leg up on over the other bodies, are there any drawbacks to this certification and if there aren't why can’t it be made mandatory worldwide
  • I am from Pakistan, working in a gelatin manufacturing unit. We have ISO 9001: 2008 and HACCP certifications. My question is that to guide me is it better to go for ISO 22000 certification or we are doing best as achieving both

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users