Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Currently, my company is manually cleaning bulk liquid totes by hand with standard tools and hoses. I would like to automate or provide specialized tools for the task. Could anyone provide a better procedure or tools? 

Pete

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Currently, my company is manually cleaning bulk liquid totes by hand with standard tools and hoses. I would like to automate or provide specialized tools for the task. Could anyone provide a better procedure or tools? 

Pete

Hi Pete,

The ideal way is to automate and clean by CIP, the question is are these plastic or stainless steel?

In order to do this you can route from a CIP set through a sprayball in the lid (this may need to be manufactured) then route back via a connection hose and return pump. The outside would be manually cleaned before the CIP.

I have also had a 'cubicle' manufactured where the outside of the tote is cleaned by spray nozzles at the same time as the CIP through the inside of the tote but this is much more expensive to set up.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:
sci

SPL

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Tony,

Thank you for the help, I was thinking of a solution along the same line. We do not have a CIP system. Our company uses both plastic and stainless steel totes, manually cleaned. As always, we're trying to improve results and reduce labor.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users