Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

During my SQF audit dinged for not having documents that would be used in a recall.  My mock recall documentation consisits an Excel Spreadsheet.  I have a fill in the blank media release.  Can anyone enlighten me as to what their documentation consisits of?

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,609 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

When we do our mock recalls, we actually make copies of the production paperwork for the items we are 'recalling'.  Say we had a label not match our ingredient statement...

We would make copies of all the paperwork, everything, the ingredients on the line, the finished pallet paperwork, and the paperwork that shows where in the finished goods were shipped. We even document the times we contacted the locations where those pallets went.

I don't know what you produce, so this may not be applicable, but it does give an idea where to start...

-Setanta         

bekaye

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

That is how we handle it as well and each document is identified in our recall plan.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,609 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Did you provide this documentation to the auditor??  I'm confused as to what else is required.

S.

-Setanta         

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

I do the same

Basically the mock recall is a traceability exercise, with mass balance, and a front sheet showing timings and who informed at each stage.

I usually enlist the help of a supplier, work out a scenario, and retain all documentation etc for checking by the auditor.

Caz x

Brenda L

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

May be looking for recall procedure (the "how"  you would handle a recall, the contact points,and assigned responsiblities in a recall)

Rosemary4

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

The way I used to conduct the annual recall test was to contact a customer and arrange for them to 'quarantine' a pallet of finished goods that had been sent out and prove by way of a photo that they had done that.

In 2011, our BRC auditor suggested that we should be testing our recall procedure in-house; i.e. how long it takes to perform each of the actions, were the right people involved, etc, etc, as per the procedure. That just meant telling the customer it was going to happen by email and writing a report afterwards. I'm thinking this year to go back to combine the both methods.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users