Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Is there an advantage to having your desk audit spread out prior to you facility audit.

Desk audit non-conformities found , can they be corrected and marks received back prior to the facility audit?

New to SQF and trying to decide if should book desk and facility audit close together.

Thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

H you may want to check this previous thread: Suggested time between desk and facility audits

If you have further questions you can ask on this or that topic.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:
sci

HARPC

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yes, there is an advantage for correcting non-conformities found. We have our two audits a month apart. Hope this helps.

Jus'me

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

We went through our SQF audit jsut recently, desk audit in Feb, and Facility audit in March.  It is very beneficial to have the two seperate.  the reason being that if there are any nonconformities in the desk audit, if you get them corrected and approved prior to the facility audit, they are expunged and do not affect your final audit score.  But make sure when you upload the corrective actions that you not only save them, but also hit the "review" tab at the top so they can be accepted.

Thanked by 2 Members:

madaba

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

My desk audit is approaching in two weeks but then our facility audit isn't for another 2.5 months, just seems like a long time in between but should allow for plenty of time to address any nonconformances found, which I'm sure we will.

SpursGirl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 117 posts
  • 83 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hi

For your initial certification any non conformaties raised at the desk audit must have "been addressed before proceeding with a facility audit". This means that if you have any issues raised in your desk audit you must be able to have proved that you have addressed and closed out any issues before the audit on the facility can take place.

I guess the time you allow between desk and facility audit will come down to how confident you feel in your systems to be able to meet the desk audit requirements and what time you feel you will need to correct any issues raised. I didnt realise this on my initial certification and I booked the desk and facility audit back to back in the same week. Luckily I only had one minor non conformance raised from my desk audit which I could address at the time and I could proceed with the facility audit but I would have been a bit stuck if I could not fix the issue overnight!

Sarah

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users